Cervest is building the world’s first open access AI-powered Climate Intelligence platform.
We’re a certified B-Corp with a vision to democratize access to Climate Intelligence driving a shared responsibility to protect the world’s critical assets — including our greatest shared asset, the planet.
It’s an exciting time to join us. We’ve just raised $30m in Series A investment. Our inaugural product, EarthScan™, will launch in 2021. EarthScan™ enables organizations to de-risk business decisions, meet financial disclosure guidelines, improve resilience, and uncover new opportunities to accelerate low-carbon growth.
We’re backed by leading venture capital firms, including Draper Esprit, Future Positive, Lowercarbon Capital, and Astanor Ventures. We are now building up our team in all areas: sales, marketing, science, engineering, and people operations.
As a company, we are a pro-diversity, highly inclusive organization, committed to bringing together people of all backgrounds and enabling them to succeed. We know that a richly diverse team will help us achieve our mission sooner.
We are hiring for an essential member of our functional leadership team responsible for leading strategic business operations. Partnering with the COO you will define and implement the operating cadence and processes that drive alignment and execution against our mission, strategy and values. You will also be involved in continuously improving these systems as we scale rapidly.
This is the ideal opportunity for a self-starter with natural problem solving capability who is interested in having an immediate impact on our company’s overall operations. This individual must have a blend of outstanding strategic, technology, and organisational skills, executive exposure and the ability to work with a diverse team with a variety of skill sets.
- Act as a strategic advisor to the COO and senior management team
- Lead quarterly and annual objective setting and results tracking, inclusive of determining best frameworks and improvements to our OKR process and beyond
- Implement team-wide processes to drive alignment and support execution against core business priorities and company objectives
- Assist and communicate with executives in decision-making, operational management, and initiative implementation.
- Oversee key initiatives from development through successful execution under the guidance of senior leadership and departmental heads
- Support improvements to org and operating models, find knowledge and skills gaps and help address them in partnership with other executives
- Acts as the liaison between the COO and other executives, clients, and stakeholders to ensure consistent communication
- Standardize and synthesize data from different sources and distill them to core metrics that support decision-making, assess performance of core operations and drive execution against priorities
- Working on operational forecasting and planning for to support hyper growth
- Proven experience driving business operations in fast-growth, tech-oriented environment
- Excellent communicator in written and verbal form
- Executive exposure and ability to work effectively in a highly cross-functional role with other leaders across the business
- Ability to execute effectively with limited guidance and in ambiguous settings
- Extremely versatile with a strong bias to action and agility to learn and adapt quickly
- Thrive in helping and supporting individuals and teams
- Analytical approach and decision making
- 7+ years in a business or executive management role
- Strong people and influencing skills
Opportunities to learn, grow and thrive with support from talented and empathetic team mates
We are a remote first company and looking for candidates who would be able to come to our office in London (once travel is sensible) a few times a year using more sustainable transport methods (we’ll help with that) so generally within one time zone of the UK.
Fuller list of benefits on our main career page – we’re an early-stage startup and currently reviewing our benefits in light of becoming a remote-first company. We are committed to ensuring that we support our team in developing in line with their aspirations and talents as well as continuing to develop our culture in line with our values.
- 22 days’ holiday a year (plus 8 UK public holidays or local equivalent)
- The company closes between Christmas and New Year which gives an extra 3-4 days off each year (on top of your 22 days entitlement)
- Remote first company culture
- Flexibility in working times
- £1000 each year to expand your development
- Extensive home office budget
- Paid sick leave for physical and mental health with access to Spill
- Opportunities to learn, grow and thrive with support from talented and empathetic team mates
- We are committed to ensuring that we support our team in developing in line with their aspirations and talents as well as continuing to develop our culture in line with our values.