To apply for this job please visit peoplesenerg.bamboohr.com.
Who are People’s Energy?
People’s Energy are a young and fast-growing ethical gas and electricity supply company, based in Shawfair near Edinburgh but supplying to customers UK wide. We launched, under crowdfunding, on 1 August 2017 and are growing rapidly. We have an ambitious goal: We want to put 1 million people in charge of their own energy and become known as the energy company that can be trusted to do the right thing at all times, for people, communities and the planet.
People’s Energy differs significantly from existing energy suppliers. We want to bring trust back into the energy market and offer a simple, fair, and affordable solution for all customers. We promise to give 75% of the profits back to our domestic customers, promise full transparency, and we will involve customers in key decisions. The electricity we sell is 100% renewable.
Overall Purpose of the role
This role of our Business Support Assistant will be integral in providing administrative support to help with the day to day running of the business. You will provide admin support to different functional areas and provide support in reception duties. If you are an internal candidate, this role will be offered on an initial secondment basis of 6 months and will be reviewable in line with performance and business needs.
· Day to day administration tasks – filing, photocopying, mail sorting
· Document creation – PowerPoint, Word and Excel
· Reception duties when required – meeting and greeting guests and directing them to the relevant meeting rooms
· Providing support with arranging engagement events in the business
· Travel bookings for senior managers
· Providing support to the EA to the CEO in day-to-day tasks and activities
· Development of presentation materials, performance reports and meeting packs
· Administration support to other teams – PowerPoint creations, meeting governance (minute taking and meeting booking)
· Onboarding and offboarding new joiners and those leaving the business
· Excellent Microsoft Office experience
· A friendly and approachable manner
· Administration experience in a busy environment
· The ability to manage several tasks at one and the ability to prioritise workload
· PA experience would be advantageous.
At People’s Energy we are committed to ensuring that everyone, no matter race, background, sexuality, gender or any other protected characteristic is supported and afforded equal opportunities in the business. As it says on our website – we are by the people, for the people. We are committed to maintaining a fair and measured recruitment process and our development opportunities are open to all.