About the Role
We’re recruiting for a new Team Leader to lead a team of up to 15 Advisors to deliver exceptional customer service, whilst driving performance across departmental, regulatory and contractual agreements within our exciting Business department.
The department itself is a fast-paced & ever changing environment, dealing with all aspects of the B2B energy supply world, from metering & billing, to business moves & customer front line service.
We’re looking for a self-starter to confidently manage a range of processes, help drive down the number of unbilled accounts, work items and subsequently reduce debt within the B2B space, whilst maintaining our excellent front line service.
In post, you’ll work closely with the existing Team Leaders and look to improve on our existing processes to reduce cost to serve within the team – we want you to get creative in the way in which we work today.
You’ll have a ‘can do’ proactive attitude, be people centric and able to take a measured approach to workload management, enabling delivery of key targets.
In order to succeed in the role, you’ll be extremely organised and commercially aware, with the ability to foresee future challenges that may arise and plan to mitigate against them. You’ll have experience in people management and any experience in client or 3rd Party management will be advantageous.
Most importantly, you’ll be a great leader who works with their people to help better development them. You’ll also have a proven track record in being able to motivate a team and lead them through change.
- A strong leader and an exceptional team player who builds open and supportive relationships both internally and externally
- Strong emotional intelligence – able to utilise a range of management techniques to get the best out of your team
- Open, flexible and adaptable approach to work
- Able to effectively prioritise and reprioritise
- Solutions focused and resourceful
- Committed to continual improvement
- Engaging and motivating attitude and style
- Methodical and organised at managing both own and team workload – self starter
- Is receptive to feedback and acts accordingly
- Creative and innovative
- Managing the ongoing development of the B2B team including managing staff performance against agreed objectives & skills levels.
- Ensure that under performance is managed through utilisation of the performance support scheme best practice, in line with our People team’s process and policy.
- Ensure regular 121’s are completed for all staff and ensure delivery of regular coaching sessions.
- Effectively recruit new team members and facilitate their training.
- Ensure the team delivers exceptional customer experience to all customers.
- Oversee a range of operational processes to ensure bill timeliness and customer retention.
- Create and maintain strong relationships with the wider business, recognising and delivering improvements for our customers and/ or staff.
- Work closely with our Onboarding, Sales & Strategic teams to improve our customer relationships and service.
- Work with our business debt team by ensuring we bill our customers on time to reduce debt.
- Ensure we are industry complaint within our area and adhere to agreed deadlines and regulation.
- Produce regular reports to agreed timescales and to complete any other reporting or monitoring of workload as requested.
- Work closely with our team of Analysts to help gain insight into our performance as business across an industry, team and departmental point of view.
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Experience of team leadership with a proven track record
- Ability to multi-task and run multiple workstreams, using own initiative
- Ability to assess, analyse and make commercially aware decisions
- Numerate with excellent attention to detail and problem-solving ability
- High level of computer literacy, ideally with experience of Excel, SAP and Salesforce
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Ability to work dynamically and accurately under pressure
- Proven track record in meeting agreed KPIs and adhere to Project timelines.
- Ability to engage with external regulators and 3rd party organisations.
- Energy industry literate would be advantageous
The fast-moving nature of the company’s business means that from time to time you may be asked to perform roles outside your original job description on an ad hoc basis. This allows the company to utilise its people in the best possible way at all times and helps employees to make their contribution in a changing environment.
Our model is unique: we use our customers’ energy bills to fund the building of new sources of green energy. We like to refer to this as turning ‘bills into mills’ – energy bills into energy mills, whether that’s wind, sun, sea or gas mills.
We’ve built over seventy wind and sun parks across Britain, we’re planning to build Britain’s first ever Green Gas mills, and through Britwind, our small wind company, we design, build and deliver small wind turbines to landowners and businesses throughout Britain and the world!
We don’t just focus on energy though – we built and run the Electric Highway, Britain’s leading network of electric car charge points, we helped Forest Green Rovers become the greenest football club in the world, and launched Britain’s greenest mobile phone service, Ecotalk.