Do you have experience of supporting a buying team? Do you have excellent organisation skills? Are you looking for a role where you are supported to take ownership of exciting new projects?
We’re looking for a delightfully odd individual to join our busy buying team. You’ll be tenacious and detail orientated. Your role fill focus on ensuring supply is aligned with demand and is of regular consistent quality.
We currently pack and deliver over 45,000 boxes a week. We are growing rapidly, constantly expanding our reach and expect to be delivering to homes across most of the UK by 2022. You’ll have the opportunity to be a part of lots of exciting projects planned for 2022, such as the implementation of a new ERP system and broadening our product range.
Alongside end-to-end sourcing you will help develop a competitive product offering based on what our customers want, all with a focus on commerciality and sustainability.
Put customers first by developing a deep understanding of who our customers are and what the core product offering is, so you can source produce in line with the business strategy.
- Work closely with the Operations Team on a daily basis as the key link between the buying team and the packing operation.
- Provide support on our sustainability goals and assisting with onboarding new suppliers, obtaining information from suppliers and tracking and reporting data.
- Assist buyers in forecasting demand and confirming supplier orders and creating purchase orders.
- Manage stocks and deal with supply and demand fluctuations to ensure our customers orders are met and assisting in maintaining an accurate box composition.
- Work closely with suppliers to understand weekly availability and collection/delivery schedules.
- Work closely with suppliers to build long term relationships to ensure future supply to Oddbox.
- Inform suppliers of any quality or quantity issues, providing supporting information and completing claims where necessary.
- Work with the Customer Happiness team to review and monitor customer quality complaints.
- Track and report supplier performance and participate in supplier reviews and site visits.
What we’re looking for:
- Fresh produce experience, ideally in buying support or supply chain.
- A passion for fresh produce and for our mission to reduce food waste.
- A track record of ‘getting things done’ and a hands-on approach.
- Ability to build strong relationships with the buying team, colleagues across the business and suppliers.
- Ability to prioritise your own workload and engage with team projects in an effective manner
- Ability to adapt to the changing priorities and business needs.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be numerate and have good excel skills.
- Start date – ASAP
- Duration of role – permanent / full-time
- Location – Our office in Vauxhall offers a great space to work and collaborate. Most of our colleagues spend 2+days each month in Vauxhall. This role will also require very occasional visits to our packing centre in Birmingham and other trading partners where necessary.
- As this is an operational role, some out of hours and weekend working may occasionally be required
Are you excited about the chance to work in a rapid-growth, ethical company?
We want to prove that sustainability can be affordable and we can grow fast and do-good at the same time. If this sounds like the pear-fect opportunity for you, please apply below or contact us for more details