📍 Location: London. Remote possible for right candidate
Role type: 12 months Fixed term with likely conversion to perm
⏰ Start Date: ASAP.
What is Sylvera anyway? 👩👨
Sylvera is scaling carbon markets with software. Sylvera does this by applying advanced machine learning techniques to satellite data to quantify with unprecedented accuracy the amount of carbon stored in landscapes. We also provide a holistic picture of offset projects, providing people with the information they need to make informed decisions.
By providing transparency, Sylvera intends to underpin functioning voluntary carbon markets. This will allow the market to scale to keep the planet under 2C of warming, and unlock huge co-benefits for nature and society.
What’s my impact? 👩💻👨💻
- Primarily your mission is to take cutting edge data
- Youʼll contribute to the design, development, and imlementation of high-performance data processing tools
- You’ll perform analysis and optimisations for both CPU and GPU based algorithms
- You will perform unit and integration testing to ensure the quality of delivered solutions
What do I need ❓
- 2+ years experience developing and implementing C++ applications in industry
- Solid Knowledge of performance optimization for CPU and GPU
- Strong Python and Unix scripting skills
- Solid knowledge of CUDA (cuBLAS, cuFFT, cuDNN), GIT and version control
- Capability of designing and specifying interfaces in a modular data processing pipeline
- To care about the future of the planet – you want to solve climate change in the most high leverage way possible
Brownie Points 🍰
- Experience in working with LiDAR point clouds (forest monitoring or self-driving vehicles)
- Experience working with PCL Point Cloud Library
- Experience in working with EO and/or other geospatial data
- Background or knowledge of computational topography
Feel free to apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. As long as you’re a quick learner, and are excited about changing the carbon markets for the better, we’re happy to support you as you come up to speed with our tech stack.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Sylvera is an equal opportunity employer: we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
up to £80k p.a. + Equity on conversion to perm role. Dependent on experience.
You also get paid to save the world, alongside an amazing team which is nice.
NO AGENCIES THANKS