Are you looking to progress your career and work on a new product from start to finish? Are you excited by the idea of working with modern C++? Do you want to contribute to a low carbon future?
At Guru Systems you can be part of a team developing technology that is radically reducing carbon emissions and making energy systems more transparent and lower cost for society.
About the role
We are looking for a C++ Software Engineer to work on the next version of our highly successful Hub 2 In Home Display. You will be writing firmware in modern C++ for an embedded Internet of Things device that will be deployed to tens of thousands of homes.
As well as this you will also:
- Help improve the collective skills of the engineering team through knowledge sharing, mentorship & coaching.
- Review code changes for correctness, architectural clarity and style.
- Write technical designs and technical reports.
- Maintain the architectural clarity of the embedded software codebase.
- 8+ years of Software Development, at least 2 of those in C++
- Engineering approach to solving problems
- Experience architecting systems and writing specifications for technically complex systems
- Familiar with the theory behind distributed systems
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, this is a full time permanent role with 25 days’ holiday each year.
- Be part of a growing innovative business and help shape the future of energy
- Collaborative, flexible and friendly environment
- Bespoke personal development budget
- Normal working hours are 9.00am to 5:30pm with flexibility and autonomy around this, we do not clock watch!
- Guru Systems will match 5% pension contributions
- We host regular virtual socials and are always finding creative ways of staying connected with each other
- 2 Volunteer / Social Engagement Days
- We offer great perks and discounts with free access to health and wellness support and more
To apply, please email a copy of your CV to Maj.Kumaran@gurusystems.com