At Arrival, our team is creating best-in-class electric vehicles using a radical new method of design and production. We work with some of the world’s leading businesses and governments to achieve our goal of redefining mobility and transport ecosystems, transforming how people and goods travel and enhancing urban environments for all communities.
Innovation, rapid development and testing help us to push the boundaries. Our New Method takes our portfolio of patented technologies created in-house, and combines it with assembly in Arrival Microfactories. It’s a groundbreaking approach, leading to products with maximum functionality, peak efficiency, and an elevated experience – at a much more competitive price than other electric vehicles, and even fossil fuel vehicles.
The Bus Team is on a mission to Transport the public to a sustainable future by building an unbeatable product at an unbeatable price, whilst creating a compelling rider experience and empowering operators with a set of integrated services and technologies. The group are typically based remotely with prototype vehicles being built in Arrival’s Banbury facility and micro-factories due to emerge across the globe.
- Take full ownership of the setup, cleanliness and best practise of the bus team’s CAD PLM BOM.
- Create the blueprint from which a vehicle is designed to in PLM so that the consistency between programmes is retained, naming conventions are consistent and each vehicle shares its architecture.
- Manage the data flow from PLM through to the team’s KPI’s, ensuing that attributes are maintained to support downstream customers of the bus’ data-set.
- Own the data freezes required to allow downstream stakeholders to analyse and conclude the bus’ status against their deliverables, Eg data freeze for industrialisation, simulation, build.
- Own variant configuration within PLM to ensure the Eng BOM for different configurations are clean and consistent.
- Own change control and the management of change communication through the external stakeholders
- own attribute management through PLM; the definition. of attributes, their use downstream and the reporting of attribute status where necassary
- Manage the BDR process
- Operate a robust process of task estimation, using appropriate processes and methodologies.
- Lead an empowered, high performing team. Support opportunities for individual’s development whilst identifying single points of failures within the group.
- Support recruitment of team members, calling on relevant subject matter experts to create a world class engineering team.
- Plan work for team members and resolve operational issues.
- Identify and interpret internal or external issues and recommend appropriate solutions.
- Solve complex problems by looking outside of the team or company to identify an appropriate resolution.
- Be able to work independently whilst seeking support and guidance as required.
- Support team members and maximise their enjoyment and performance.
- Be accountable for the output, results and quality of work of your team members.
- Set performance objectives and support growth and development of the team.
- Responsible for safe operation of the group with respect to completion of risk assessments and provision of appropriate tooling and equipment.
- Represent the team (both capacity and capability).
- Likely to be degree qualified (or equivalent) in an engineering discipline.
- A systems person, taking pride in data quality and understanding the flow of data from start to finsih
- Knowledge of Automotive or Electrification projects would be advantageous.
- Experience in leading a team and creating an atmosphere of trust and support.
- Capable to present to a mixed forum on the data status, regular cadence and impromptu
- Experienced with Jira and Confluence would be advantageous for documentation
- Experience with Teamcentre and Siemens NX is a must
- Experience in time and task management tools would be beneficial.
- Technical capability to cover roles of team members would be advantageous.
At Arrival we want all of our employees to feel comfortable bringing their passion, creativity and individuality to work. We value all cultures, backgrounds and experiences, as we truly believe that diversity drives innovation. Join our mission to bring better, more sustainable transportation to communities around the world.