To apply for this job please visit www.desolenator.com.
By 2030, the UN estimates that 50% of the global population will not have reliable access to clean drinking water. In addition, the way we make and move water today is detrimental to our planet and results in a high total carbon footprint.
Desolenator uses solar energy to purify complex water sources into clean water. This is also a new approach that disrupts the traditional water supply chain: decentralised, regenerative, ocean-safe and 100% solar-powered.
We are constructing our first large-scale pilot plants, based in Dubai and India.
To support our growing engineering team we seek a full-time CAD Designer to be based at our lab in Maastricht. You will have the opportunity to support the engineering team in the further design and scale up of our water purification plants and kiosks bringing the team’s ideas to life in a digital way. From there actual physical prototypes can be manufactured and built ultimately leading to full-scale production.
As a CAD Designer, you will be responsible for producing detailed technical drawings based on information and designs from the engineering team and from initial site surveys.
Your responsibilities will include
- Producing 2D and 3D CAD drawings using AutoCAD and/or Inventor.
- Working as part of the engineering team to understand the design requirements, provide technical advice and implement changes and updates to CAD drawings
- Creating 3D models from manufacturers drawings
- Assembling various components and layers of 3D models together to create site models
- Complying with engineering codes and standards.
- Providing support to colleagues on project sites
- Ownership of version control and naming / filing of documents
Required Qualifications & Attributes
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in CAD Designs
- Strong previous experience and knowledge of Inventor
- Prior experience modelling site layouts and piping
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Determination to make a difference to the water crisis
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Creative and reliable
Preferred Qualifications & Attributes
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in CAD
- Previous experience with industrial plants (power/water) in any engineering capacity