REPORING TO: Head of Mechanical Engineering
JOB TYPE: Full-time
LOCATION: Heyford Park, Upper Heyford, Bicester
Saietta Group is an SME specialising in the design, development and manufacture of electric motors and drive solutions for vehicle OEMs. We are a British company specialising in a full product development service from market research, competitor benchmarking and feasibility study, through to mass production launch and after-sales support.
We work directly with customers to provide bespoke packages tailored to OEM customer requirements. We provide a turnkey service, usually starting with a CAD feasibility study leading to the production of a working prototype. Our head office is in Oxfordshire, England on an ex-military airfield with access to 20 miles of private roads to test and optimise electric drive solutions for two, three and four-wheeled vehicles.
We have ambitious growth plans and, as a result, plenty of opportunities for rapid career progression for the right candidates. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a diverse working environment, with a highly experienced and multi-faceted team. We are looking for a self-motivated individual with a positive mindset to work and thrive in a small but fast-growing business. We also seek people with a high level of integrity and accountability with the desire to make a positive contribution to Saietta.
We are looking for highly motivated people who want to be part of a genuine team working towards common goals. Essential personal attributes include flexibility, good communication, impeccable integrity, team-spirit, creative problem solving, logical thinking and can-do attitude.
Description of the Role
We are looking for a passionate and dedicated CAD Engineer to join our team. Your role will be to create parts and 2D detail drawings to the highest standard. You will join a close knit and highly experienced engineering team focussed upon delivering projects and solutions for an emerging Electric Vehicle market. This is a fantastic career opportunity for someone looking to join the electric vehicle revolution!
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Creation of parts drawings using the latest CAD systems.
- Creation of renders and animations to support engineering, sales & marketing.
- Drawing pack and BOM preparation in readiness for release.
- Close involvement with engineers and technicians to deliver projects.
- Support creation of assembly instructions and user manuals.
- Take ownership of tasks from initial concept through to completion.
- Creation of engineering drawings to the highest standards.
- A keen desire to learn and develop your skills and engineering knowledge.
- Support and help with CAD system management and standardisation.
Profile & Skills:
- Degree, BTEC, or equivalent qualification in mechanical or automotive engineering OR experience in CAD design within a precision engineering environment.
- Proficient using 2D and 3D CAD – SolidWorks preferred.
- A good understanding of drawing tolerances, limits, fits, and working to BS:8888 and ISO standards.
- Good knowledge of materials and manufacturing methods.
- A keen desire to learn and develop your engineering skills and knowledge.
- Ability to work to the highest standards with a keen eye for detail.
- Experience of electro-mechanical systems would be an advantage.
- Good hands-on practical experience.
- Excellent communication skills.
- High attention to detail and a good problem solver.
- Ability to work within a fast-paced team environment on multiple projects.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday
- Flexi time scheme
- Share Scheme
- Social Activities
Please send your application to the below address: