Location: Milton Park, Abingdon
Job type: Permanent
Overview of the role
As a member of the Design Office, the CAE Systems Administrator is responsible for the installation, maintenance and customisation of Teamcenter and Solid Edge. In this capacity you will ensure the smooth interaction between both software packages so that effective, reliable control and management of CAD data is achieved.
Main duties/role and responsibilities
- Architect, install, upgrade, and maintain all aspects of a business-critical Teamcenter environment which encompasses the following areas: web tier/pool manager, enterprise tier, FMS, Teamcenter security services, dispatcher services, rich client, active workspace, Teamcenter integration for Solid Edge
- Actively monitor and continuously improve the design environment to ensure optimal performance, reliability, and scalability
- Act as Teamcenter expert to troubleshoot and resolve critical and/or systemic issues
- Deploy BMIDE updates and customisations while ensuring minimal downtime
- Communicate effectively with the software provider and IT department to clearly articulate the needs and time requirements of the Teamcenter and CAD user community.
- Perform Teamcenter upgrades and patch deployments in a timely and efficient manner, ensuring thorough pre-release testing is carried out
- Directly interface with the Teamcenter user community to understand and address problems
- Maintenance scripts
- Teamcenter log file management
Hazard-specific / Safety-critical duties
This job includes the following hazards or safety-critical activities:
- Occasional working outside of office hours
- Regular manual handling
- Working with electricity (LV only)
- Working with or in the vicinity of equipment that produces high magnetic fields
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in computer science, information systems, or similar technical discipline with experience of Teamcenter system administration, or similar data management software.
- Experience with IT operating systems, networking, and system administration
- Experience with Teamcenter Active Workspace and Rich Client
- Experience with Solid Edge
- Experience with IIS
- SQL proficiency
- Comfortable working in a fast paced and demanding environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with BMIDE
- Writing custom code and scripts
- Integration between Ansys and Solid Edge
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Company pension scheme
- Eligible for company share option scheme after 1 years’ service
- Company bonus scheme, discretionary, dependant on performance
- Private medical insurance after 3 months service
- Cycle to work scheme
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position. If you do not hear back from us within 10 days of submitting, your application then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. However, we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities.
No terminology in the advert or job description is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.
How to apply
If you are passionate about accelerating the development of fusion power and want to join our dynamic team, please send your CV with a covering letter detailing your experience to email@example.com.
Important information for candidates
Please note that the appointment of the successful candidate will be subject to standard pre-employment screening, as applicable to the post. This will include right-to-work, proof of identity and references.
Please note that any personal data submitted to Tokamak Energy as part of the job application process will be processed in accordance with the GDPR and related UK data protection legislation, for more information regarding GDPR please see: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation
Equality of opportunity
Entry into employment with the Tokamak Energy and progression within employment will be determined only by personal merit and the application of criteria which are related to the duties of each post and the relevant salary structure. In all cases, ability to perform the job will be the primary consideration. No applicant or member of staff shall be discriminated against because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.