To apply for this job please visit theclimategroup.peoplehr.net.
The Climate Group is seeking a Campaign Manager to work within our London-based EP100 team initially for six months with the potential for continuation depending on funding. The post holder will assist the Head of EP100 and the EP100 Senior Campaign manager in driving forward the campaign, growing our membership, policy coordination, and co-managing EP100’s international activities across the Climate Group’s regional offices.
About the Climate Group
The Climate Group drives climate action. Fast. Our goal is a world of net zero carbon emissions by 2050, with greater prosperity for all.
We focus on systems with the highest emissions and where our networks have the greatest opportunity to drive change. We do this by building large and influential networks and holding organisations accountable, turning their commitments into action.
We share what we achieve together to show more organisations what they could do. We are an international non-profit organisation, founded in 2004, with offices in London, New Delhi and New York. We are proud to be part of the We Mean Business coalition.
About the role
Central to the success of EP100 is a highly professional approach to the co-ordination of a global team, design and delivery of campaign initiatives and events, and recruitment and management of corporate members and partners.
The role is located within the Climate Group’s business action team and involves close working relationships with EP100 colleagues in our China, India and US offices, as well as our other corporate campaigns. Key relationships also include The Climate Group’s Communications and Fundraising teams and our partners Alliance to Save Energy (ASE) and the World Green Building Council (World GBC).
The role offers significant opportunity for professional development for an ambitious person with a passion for creating a sustainable future.
The primary focus of the role is to support the Head of EP100 in delivering the EP100 campaign across the Climate Group’s international offices. This includes the following:
- In close collaboration with the Senior Campaign Manager, initiating and progressing contact with relevant companies to recruit them to EP100
- Co-developing and managing sub-projects of EP100 depending on the campaign’s strategic focus and delivering them on time and to budget
- Assisting with the organization and effective delivery of EP100 events, webinars and member meetings
- Working closely with our communications and events teams to co-ordinate the content and timing of communications to our existing and target members, and developing content for external communications by gathering statistical data, preparing presentation slides and other information materials
- Coordinating the participation of EP100 and its members in climate and energy events hosted by external organizations
- Liaising with TCG’s corporate campaign teams, our technical team at ASE, the World GBC and TCG’s international offices to efficiently deliver EP100 activities
- Contributing to regular progress reports, annual reports, funding reports, and other matters as required
- Representing EP100 and the Climate Group at events and meetings as required
- Assist in exploring funding opportunities and support in proposal development
- Ensuring project management is kept up to date using Financial Force Assist in ensuring that all internal financial planning requirements are met
- Commitment to the mission of the Climate Group and EP100
- Experience of working in a global environment for the energy, sustainability, and climate change sectors
- Appreciation of commercial and financial drivers for businesses and NGOs
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to build effective working relationships across a range of cultural contexts
- Project and budget management experience
- Strong research and writing skills and ability to analyse complex policy and business content
- Experience of relationship management particularly with the private sector, ideally at senior management level
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressures to strict timelines and budgets
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with ability to manage to multiple deadlines
- Pro-active and able to work independently and unsupervised to deliver tasks, and achieve project objectives
- Team player with the ability to identify where support is needed, and comfortable delivering an administrative workload alongside more strategic activities
- A strong desire to develop skills and experience in line with the needs of rapidly developing campaign, while maintaining a solid support function
- Clear understanding of business drivers and ability to empathise with sustainable business leaders and be committed to helping them achieve their mission.
- Experience with CRM systems such as Salesforce/Financial Force, online meeting technologies and social media. Knowledge and experience working on energy efficiency oriented programmes and projects (detailed engineering knowledge is not a requirement of this role)
- Experience working in emerging markets
Since COVID-19, our London office has been working mostly from home but you will also have the use of an office near Borough for key meetings with colleagues. We are also in the process of moving offices to a new permanent London location. Until then, this role can be done remotely but will require the post holder to be based in the UK.
Terms & Conditions
This is a full-time, fixed term 6 month position, with the possibility of renewal. The salary for this position is 33,000 per annum or more based on experience.
In addition to the salary, the role holder will benefit from:
- 25 days’ holiday pro rata, plus public holidays
- 10% non-contributory pension scheme following three months’ service
- Life Assurance
- Wellbeing allowance
- Season ticket loan
- Bike loan
Additional benefits will be available should the contract be extended beyond 6 months.