What is Emitwise?
Emitwise is a fast-growing startup whose vision is to accelerate the world’s transition to net zero carbon. We build software to help companies track and reduce their carbon footprint. We’re a seed-stage company backed by top-tier Silicon Valley investors, including True Ventures and Ex-Uber CEO Ryan Graves. We’ve been covered by leading business publications like Forbes, Business Insider, and Fast Company.
Why does Emitwise exist?
Climate change is the defining issue of our time and we have reached a defining moment. We recognise the world is facing an existential threat, but we see our mission as a historic opportunity. We’re building Emitwise to forge a future where every company, big or small, can have a part to play in the fight against climate change.
Who we are
“Does it get the world to net-zero carbon faster?” Spend time with the Emitwise team, and you’ll often hear this question being asked. At Emitwise, we’ve built a team that has the skillset and ambition to bring automated carbon accounting to life — saving businesses time, money, and emissions. Ultimately, we’re a team disenchanted with business as usual and looking to make real impact.
About the job
As part of the Carbon Accounting team, you will apply your expertise in Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) and Environmentally Extended Input and Output (EEIO) analysis to drive the development and application of practicable modelling solutions to challenging environmental problems. You will be working alongside top machine learning and software engineers, an incredible product team, to be part of genuine innovation in the space.
Your contribution will be critical to the success of Emitwise and will include:
- Working within a Product team composed of talented engineers, designers, and product managers using technology and innovation to spearhead climate action.
- Developing and maintaining EEIO and hybrid LCA models.
- Analysis, interpretation and quality review of emissions inventory data in our automated assessment software.
- Help grow a healthy culture of transparency, collaboration and technical quality in the team.
- Opportunities to be creative, think freely and challenge the way we work!
Who you are
- Strong technical and practical knowledge of LCA, EEIO analysis and hybrid LCA approaches
- Significant experience working with EE MRIO models (such as Exiobase, USEEIO, or Eora).
- Experience with one or more general purpose programming languages, such as Python.
- A love for analysing and interpreting data, developing environmental models, and a drive to solve challenging technical problems.
- Exceptional communication skills, with an ability to communicate complex, technical information clearly, concisely and accurately to different audiences.
Salary range: £40,000 – £60,000 (depending on experience)
Competitive options packages available.
We approach benefits the same way we approach product; always learn from users before designing and building a solution. We learned from the team to understand what matters to them and designed benefits that support teammates with everything they need to do their best, healthiest work. To find out what they are, check out the following link: Emitwise Benefits
We want to hear from you
If this sounds like a team you’d like to be a part of, a mission you’d like to join, and a role you’d thrive in, please don’t hold back from applying! Whatever skills you bring to the table or background you’re coming from, we welcome you to start a conversation with us.
Apply to find out more about Emitwise and the role. The time to act is now!
Right to work
We are currently only accepting applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.
At Emitwise, we believe diversity is the cornerstone of innovation. We embrace uniqueness and continually strive for equity for all. Ultimately, our team powers Emitwise. We want all our employees to feel valued and appreciated for who they are, where they come from, and what they’ve achieved. Our employee policy is designed to prevent discrimination against our people regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, or any other aspect which makes them unique.