Industry – Renewables & Environment
Employment Type – Full-time, Permanent
Location – London based, flexible working
Job Functions – Procurement
Zenobē Energy was established to enable the transition to zero carbon, non-polluting power and transport systems through the intelligent use of energy storage. The company has established itself as a UK market leader in battery storage, with 225MW of operational and under construction grid-scale battery capacity and now is a leading firm in the financing and provision of turnkey solutions for electric vehicle fleets. The company has been consistently innovative since its founding in 2017, with major industry firsts in software development, market access, financing, and solution provision.
It is backed by internationally leading strategic energy storage investors / infrastructure PE funds and is uniquely positioned to meet customer demands with innovative solutions. Having raised multiple rounds of equity funding since inception, one of the largest battery portfolios in operation and over 25% of the UK’s EV buses, we are a rapidly growing company looking for talented hires to drive further growth.
We are looking to hire for a technically astute procurement professional with experience within the battery storage market to support the growth of our Network Infrastructure business unit. You will have a good understanding of procurement best practise, specifically linked to the battery storage supply chain, and have proven experience of working with relevant suppliers. Candidates will need to demonstrate they posses the capability and credibility to effectively manage supplier relationships and procurement best practise for a mix of large-scale energy storage projects. It is likely there will also be a need to support and lead opportunities within the EV fleet battery procurement process.
You will work with cross functional teams across the business and also manage the day-to-day aspects of the procurement process, developing supply chain and contractor relationships through to contract closure. The role integrates with team members within Business Development, Legal, Engineering and Construction to secure complex, high-value solutions. It will also include liaising with contractors and external stakeholders such as technical advisors and lawyers. A key aspect of the role will be developing strong relationships with battery and inverter suppliers as well as integrators. The ideal candidate will help shape key procurement activities and excel in its delivery. It is essential you are able to hit the ground running and are comfortable operating at a rapid pace with levels of ambiguity and the pressure of deadlines.
A TASTE OF THE DAY TO DAY
- Developing relationships and the procurement function linked to transmission and distribution level large scale energy storage projects in the UK and internationally
- Raising Zenobē’s profile with the BESS community and contribute to Zenobē’s strategy and build programme in the UK
- Developing strategic partnerships with key battery, inverter, HV equipment OEMS, integrators’
- Managing relationships within Battery Storage Utility projects, Sub-contractors & consultants within electrical design, High-voltage procurement, Technical Advisors and potentially Electric Vehicles and the infrastructure that supports them
- Contributing to the process of supplier quality and safety compliance control and evaluation
- To contribute to the selecting of vendors, negotiating payment terms, strategic vetting, selection, the negotiation of contracts and actual purchasing of goods and services for large scale battery storage projects
- Supporting Business Development with CAPEX and OPEX assumptions
- Working closely with internal and third-party engineers on the technical specifications and optimising civils and electrical design and cost
- Supporting compliance procedures in implementing ethical supply-chain initiatives
- Cooperate closely with project managers, construction team, HSE team and project administration
- Where necessary managing the supplier claim management process with the engineering and legal teams
A BIT ABOUT YOU
- Proven and demonstrable procurement history in the Battery Storage industry
- High quality education (bachelor’s degree or masters)
- A genuine passion in clean energy and our social and environmental mission
- Solid work experience (3+ years) in procurement within the energy sector (B2B) preferably in energy storage
- A good knowledge of FIDIC and NEC contracts is required
- Implementing and maintaining frameworks with key suppliers
- Strong commercial skills – comfortable with legal contracts
- Excellent communication skills, capable of presenting contract summaries and supply chain analysis
- Strong organisation skills, team player, with good attention to detail
- Results oriented who is not scared of taking accountability
- Ability to deliver results and competitive solutions
- Ability to work in the HQ in London and travel within the UK and internationally
- CIPS qualified or affiliated
We have an open, honest and trusting culture here at Zenobē. Apart from the unparalleled opportunity to be at the forefront of the Net Zero revolution we are proud of the culture we have built. Here is what we can offer when you join the Zenobē community;
- At Zenobē we all work hard and go the extra mile so it’s important to rest and regenerate with 25 days holiday which increases after 5 years’ service
- To make your journeys easier we have a Season ticket loan and a Cycle to work scheme plus bike and showers
- Excellent opportunities for personal growth and responsibility plus a training budget
- 20% performance related bonus
- As COVID restrictions ease we will return to our central London offices in St James. Due to our rapid growth we are looking to expand our office base in the coming months and this will still be in central London.
- Our ways of working have changed since the pandemic and we promote flexible working including a mix of office and working from home.
- Your wellbeing and health is important to us and we offer Private Medical Insurance (including Mental Health support) cover for you and your family
- Supporting your passion is important to us and we offer one day per year for Volunteering
- Refer a friend bonus of £1500 for introducing great talent into our community
- As our community grows building social connections is key and we regularly organise social events
OUR APPROACH TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
Zenobē is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment which is as representative as possible of our society. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage/civil partnership pregnancy /maternity, race, nationality, religion or belief, gender, political beliefs and sexual orientation. Our culture values meritocracy, openness, fairness, and transparency.