We are a new social enterprise helping chefs who have permanently lost employment as a result of the pandemic find new income and get back on their feet.
We are looking for a mission-driven, entrepreneurial CEO to lead the organisation. The ideal candidate will have a genuine interest in our mission and the social impact, as well as a strategic eye and a strong interest in tech.
Reporting into the board, you will be responsible for successfully launching the organisation and be provided a budget.
As we’re new, this role will be as much of an operational role as a management one. This role will best suit self-starters who relish rolling their sleeves up and doing whatever it takes from day one.
In addition to general management of the organisation, key responsibilities include:
- Liaising with the chefs we support and helping them to use our tech platform
- Overseeing marketing activity
- Hitting key operational targets
The ideal person for this role would have:
- A foodie streak of course 🙂
- Strong commercial acumen
- Proven management and leadership experience
- A combination of a startup and process-driven mentality
- Creative, out-of-the-box thinking
- An interest in technology (techies welcome!) and digital marketing
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Experience with community-building
- A naturally empathetic personality
- A commitment to excellence
Ideally (but not necessarily) you’d also have at least one experience from the following list:
- Managing a team or working in the food, restaurant or hospitality industry
- Management, strategy, startup or CEO/COO-type experience
- Working in or with the third sector
- Volunteering with a charity or NGO
- Fundraising or campaigning
This is a hugely exciting role and a chance to make a genuine positive impact. We can’t wait to hear from you!
Salary: £40,000 – £60,000 depending on experience