Higher Steaks’ mission is to create real meat without harming our health, planet and animals. Our solution consists of using state-of-the-art cell culture techniques to produce meat of the highest quality. Higher Steaks is a mission, science and engineering-driven company that addresses some of the biggest global challenges. We have a passionate, curious and innovative team of world experts that are dedicated to creating the breakthrough technologies that this field needs! Having made significant progress and recently close a funding round, Higher Steaks’ is entering a rapid growth phase, meaning its an excellent time to join us!
We are looking for a Chief of Staff to join our team! As the Chief of Staff, you will work closely with our founder and CEO and you will be at the centre of Higher Steaks. You will work with our leadership team to deliver critical projects and own strategic initiatives. You will get visibility across the company and to our outside network. You should be excited to face new challenges, a natural problem solver!
- Help formulate strategic projects and execute against them
- Represent the CEO and leadership team where appropriate
- Collaborate with people across the company to drive impact and help unblock complex challenges
- Contribute to cross-functional initiatives spanning strategic planning, financials, investor relations, branding & marketing, operations, business development, and HR
- Help maintain external relationships such as investors and partners
- Build pitch decks and financial analyses to facilitate deal development and structuring
- Help support better business decisions by managing competing priorities and assess new opportunities
- Help ensure CEO is well prepared for meetings
You should see yourself as a utility player, able to take on different roles when needed. You are a life long learner who can not only embrace new challenges but go beyond to innovate entire organisational processes. You are smart, adaptable, and can easily multitask, problem-solve, adjust quickly, and “figure things out.” You are highly analytical and have exceptional organisational skills. You should be comfortable switching between technical and business aspects working on both commercial strategy to delivery of technical milestones.
You should apply if you have:
- A proven track record working both with teams and external collaborators
- A proven track record of project ownership and results orientation in a team setting
- Demonstrated that you can take initiative and improve the way things are done.
- Great stakeholder management skills, also able to constructively challenge people you work with
- Experience with budget management, you should be comfortable with reading financial statements
- The ability to learn fast in different areas and develop compelling, fact-based and informed opinions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with an appropriate blend of professionalism and friendliness
- Previous startup experience
- Advanced degree
This position can be part remote.
- Snacks, fruits, coffee and more!
- Share options
- Quizzes and other fun team activities
- Enhanced parental leave pay
- Cycle-to-work scheme and gym membership
- “Make your work life easier” annual stipend
- Flexible hours
Higher Steaks recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, disability, age, and other protected status as required by applicable law. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by incumbents assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the functions, responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position, and HigherSteaks Limited retains the discretion to modify.