To apply for this job please visit taptapsend.recruiterbox.com.
Taptap Send is VC-backed (including by Reid Hoffman), rapidly growing and a great place for those looking for both impact and a fast-paced tech startup environment. Read more about the journey in Reid Hoffman’s words.
Our product is an app-based solution that lets immigrants send money back home to emerging markets instantly and at very low prices. Since launching in summer 2018, we’ve already moved tens of millions of dollars and reached tens of thousands of customers. We’re live in seven European countries, and we support payments into Senegal, Mali, Guinea, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Cameroon and Bangladesh; with lots more countries launching soon.
Global remittances account for over $500 billion annually, most of which moves back into developing countries. But the market is dominated by traditional services that are expensive, can take days to arrive, and have limited reach in rural areas. We’re helping people to send that money instantly and securely at a fraction of the cost.
In addition to Reid Hoffman, we are backed by Canaan, Flourish Ventures, Helios and others. Our team is based across London, New York and Paris and we pride ourselves on hiring exceptional talent — our team members come from a wide variety of top-tier tech companies, professional services firms, and industry leaders, including Twitter, Yahoo, Amazon, McKinsey, Bain & Co, KPMG, Cravath, and Vodafone.
To continue our rapid growth, we’re looking to bring on people who are passionate about our mission and excited to work in a small start-up environment. We have competitive salary and stock options and great benefits, and we were recently rated one of the best companies to escape to by Escape the City’s “Escape 100“.
You will report to and support Taptap Send’s CEO / co-founder on the organization’s cross-cutting priorities. As such, you’ll have a holistic view of the organization across operations, product, and our int’l network (i.e., we expect this role to be a great learning opportunity for those looking to transition from professional services and / or start their own company).
Your role will be focused on ensuring that cross-functional processes are well-structured and run, while also helping to drive special projects and initiatives. Core functions will include: (1) supporting the CEO on management operations (e.g., board meetings, townhalls, organization-wide communications, goal tracking, etc) (2) driving one-off research initiatives and analyses to inform strategy and (3) helping execute on specific CEO projects (i.e., strategy refresh, fundraises, public talks, etc).
- Several years experience in a top private or public sector organization (e.g. consulting, tech)
- Exceptional communication (written, oral and powerpoint) and interpersonal skills with the emotional maturity to handle delicate subjects that will arise in this role
- Ability to work independently and juggle competing priorities, including across teams and with external partners
- Extreme ownership mindset with the ambition and resilience to win
- Advanced analytical ability (e.g. build xls model, regression analysis) preferred
- Strong interest in and aptitude for project management
- A desire for giving and receiving direct, candid feedback
- Fluency in English; French a plus
- Medical, vision, and optical insurance
- Unlimited leave
- Flexible hours
- Regular team events
- Weekly team lunch
- No formal dress code