- Resource Futures, an employee owned, B Corp business offering fully remote working.
- Receive benefits including an ethical pension plan, employee assistance programme and life assurance.
- Salary banding up to £55k (dependent on experience).
Resource Futures has an exciting opportunity for a Circular Economy specialist to join our consultancy team to work with public, private and third sector clients leading the Circular Economy workstream. You will be a recognised expert in the field with proven experience and excellent commercial focus to lead on developing consultancy products and services in circular economy. We are looking for a strategic thinker who is highly self-motivated and innovative, with the ability to support and motivate a team.
The role comes with a permanent contract for 37.5 hours per week, five weeks holiday per year, plus Bank Holidays. We are flexible on location for the right candidate, although have an office in Bristol and a team in Scotland with whom you would be working closely. Regular UK travel and occasional international travel will be required.
What you’ll be doing
As Resource Futures Circular Economy Lead you will engage with external and internal stakeholders across the entire client base. You will have responsibility for business development focused around the following areas, being an expert in one or more: circular business models; sustainable procurement; net zero carbon and carbon foot printing; waste mapping and action plans, specifically to tackle textile, plastic and food waste reductio; and circular construction.
You will also be able to demonstrate a track record in providing business support around circular business models; systems thinking; processing and markets; packaging; carbon impacts; impact of current and future policies; modeling; data analysis and interpretation; marketing research.
As a recognised expert in the field of sustainable resource and waste management, you will lead on developing consultancy products and services whilst contributing to the strategic development of the company and its products and services with a focus on the circular economy, which this position leads.
You will direct and deliver consultancy projects for a wide range of clients, regarding sustainable resource and waste management and resource efficiency at local, regional and national level primarily in the UK but globally as required.
Take principal responsibility for:
- Major projects and client relationships
- Writing successful bids in the circular economy workstream
- Developing and marketing our circular economy products and services
- Reviewing and driving the workstream three-year strategy
- You will provide line management and facilitate the development of colleagues through on project training and support. Whilst holding a seat in the Senior Management Business Planning Group
What experience you’ll need
- A Degree / Masters or equivalent experience in a related topic
- Knowledge of best practice within the field
- A proven delivery track record in the circular economy field
- Experience in or working with commercial businesses
- Knowledge of networks relating to circular economy
- Technical knowledge around business support; systems thinking; processing & markets; packaging; carbon impacts
- Knowledge around the impact of current and future policy
- Knowledge of various tools: Modelling; data analysis & interpretation; market research
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to present complex information and ideas to a range of audiences
- Excellent report writing skills
- Specific experience in one or more of the following areas: sustainable procurement, carbon, textiles, plastic and food
- Proven experience of operating at a senior management level
- Ability to secure new projects and/or clients
- Commitment to sustainable resource use & sustainable development
What you’ll get in return
We will offer you a generous ethical pension plan (you can contribute up to 7% and the company will match your contribution). We also provide life insurance, an Employee Assistance Programme (including on call GP access), cycle to work scheme, one volunteer day each year, subsidised professional membership, and an opportunity to become a company member. Plus, you will have access to our Consultative Group platform for employee voice. You will be joining a friendly, fun, professional, challenging and supportive place to work, and a place that is focused on making a positive impact.
We have chosen to work with our friends at ADLIB who are managing the recruitment process for Resource Futures. As a fellow B Corp, they are well versed in attracting the best candidates that have the right skills and experience, combined with the desire to work for a business driven by purpose and a want to make a positive impact on society and the planet.
Please note that any candidates that approach Resource Futures directly will be forwarded to ADLIB for consideration.
Application deadline: Tuesday 7 September 2021, 9.00am
Interviews: Monday 13 or Tuesday 14 September 2021, to be held via Microsoft Teams
Equality and inclusion
Resource Futures is striving to be an inclusive employer and welcomes applicants from all backgrounds.