At Arrival, our team is creating best-in-class electric vehicles using a radical new method of design and production. We work with some of the world’s leading businesses and governments to achieve our goal of redefining mobility and transport ecosystems, transforming how people and goods travel and enhancing urban environments for all communities.
Innovation, rapid development and testing help us to push the boundaries. Our New Method takes our portfolio of patented technologies created in-house, and combines it with assembly in Arrival Microfactories. It’s a groundbreaking approach, leading to products with maximum functionality, peak efficiency, and an elevated experience – at a much more competitive price than other electric vehicles, and even fossil fuel vehicles.
Arrival is a technology company reinventing the automotive industry with its entirely new approach to the design and assembly of electric vehicles. Low CapEx, rapidly scalable Microfactories combined with proprietary in-house developed components, materials and software, enable the production of best in class vehicles competitively priced to fossil fuel variants and with a substantially lower Total Cost of Ownership. This transformative approach provides cities globally with the solutions they need to create sustainable urban environments and exceptional experiences for their citizens.
To help us realize Arrival’s deployment and relationship with cities, we are in need of a City Engagement Coordinator to be based in either Bicester or London, UK. The responsibilities of the City Engagement Coordinator include leading relationships with UK cities, coordinating across the many stakeholders that make up the Arrival Ecosystem, identifying strategic partnerships, creating events and campaigns for local communities, connecting bottom up city strategies to top down policy and liaising with the city for Arrival research and pilot projects. Ultimately the role will create a set of best practices of how to work with cities to accelerate their pathway to a zero emission future whilst prioritizing transportation and environmental equity.
To be successful as a City Engagement Coordinator, you should have prior community engagement experience, be able to collaborate cross functionally across the business, be a strategic problem solver and adept at managing multiple projects. Ultimately, a top-notch candidate should demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills, an ability to connect with a wide range of stakeholders, and a have a solid understanding and appreciation of automotive, transportation and technology industries.
- Manage the relationships with UK Cities and their mobility stakeholders for cities in which Arrival is currently, and those it intends to operate in
- Research the Cities’ mobility and community objectives and challenges
- Lead the development and execution of City Engagement Strategies which address transportation equity and environmental justice, via:
- Communication Campaigns and Events (in line with Global PR team)
- Community STEM Activity
- Workforce development initiatives
- Strategic partnerships with local governing bodies, private organizations, colleges and universities
- Operate as the point of contact between Arrival and the City and its stakeholders. In particular for Arrival’s Government Affairs, Policy, Global Growth, PR, Solutions and Mobility functions
- Understand and collect data use cases for UK Smart Cities
- A bachelor’s degree
- 3 Years + Automotive, Sustainability, Technology or Urban Development Experience
- PR, communications, Policy or Government Affairs experience preferred
- Must be knowledgeable about industry trends, policies and regulations
- Extensive experience with working and influencing multiple stakeholders to develop and execute strategies
At Arrival we want all of our employees to feel comfortable bringing their passion, creativity and individuality to work. We value all cultures, backgrounds and experiences, as we truly believe that diversity drives innovation. Join our mission to bring better, more sustainable transportation to communities around the world.