To apply for this job please visit founders-pledge.jobs.personio.de.
At Founders Pledge, our mission is to empower entrepreneurs to do immense good. Since launching in 2015, our members have pledged to donate over $6 billion to charitable causes. We offer the simplest path to impact for successful entrepreneurs, providing end-to-end giving infrastructure, pioneering research, and access to a worldwide network of experts. In other words, we help tech leaders become strategic philanthropists. Our 1600+ members include the people behind industry-leading companies such as Airbnb, UiPath, Dropbox, Skype, Spotify, and Uber.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re looking for a Client Relationship (Community) Manager to join our growing, global Community team who are the primary relationship holders for our members, adding tremendous value and influencing their philanthropic journey towards maximised impact. Reporting to our Head of Community, you’ll support one particular UHNWI helping them to navigate their interests and leading them towards high-impact giving. Additionally, you’ll use your wealth of client-facing/account management experience to effectively steward and build relationships with a medium-sized portfolio of tech CEOs and entrepreneurs.
You’ll spend around 50% of your time supporting our CEO in his relationship with one individual UHNWI, which will include preparing communications, coordinating internal and external meetings and following-up where necessary. This relationship will have strong quantitative elements, so strong math literacy would be a plus.
You’ll then spend the remainder of your time stewarding a medium-sized portfolio of tech CEOs and entrepreneurs based in the UK and Europe, helping them to navigate all that Founders Pledge has to offer its community – such as our Donor Advised Fund, our Philanthropic Advisory service, our research and our events & programming – so that by the time they reach liquidity they have a deep understanding of how to have the most impact with their philanthropy. Your previous client and account management skills will be invaluable, helping you build strong relationships across this diverse portfolio of CEOs and entrepreneurs.
There will be plenty of variety in your role and you will have the opportunity to shape the focus of your work based on the needs of our members, but you will generally be responsible for:
- Working on the giving of one particular UHNWI, supporting our CEOs relationship with them, helping to present our research, prepare communications and meetings, and follow up with impact analysis.
- Undertaking welcome calls with members who have just signed their pledge, understanding their motivations for giving and their philanthropic needs, and tailoring their experience to optimise for impactful giving.
- High-level partnering with members, using technical expertise to guide them through their giving, when referral to our Philanthropic Advisory team isn’t necessary, and guiding them through grantmaking.
- Long-term (multi-year) relationship-building and stewardship of relationships with individual members, acting as our primary point of contact with members to holistically support on their giving goals.
- Attending and hosting events (such as intimate dinners) across the UK and Europe, as well as virtually, and working with our Programmes team to ensure our members are invited to the events they will most resonate with.
- Meeting with our members (both in-person and virtually) to help them engage with Founders Pledge through our events, involving their families in their philanthropic journey, and much more.
- Maintaining excellent data records that both enable you to fully understand our members while also ensuring that every other team who interacts with them has all the relevant information at their fingertips.
- Reporting back on the impact of our member’s grantmaking.
Location: London, UK
Overall, we’re looking for someone who is an expert relationship builder who can think holistically about each of our members’ journeys towards philanthropy and can bring together all the pieces of our offering to maximise the impact of their giving. You’ll be excited to learn about the technicalities of high-impact giving and our multiple offerings, and keen to guide members on their journey.
Leaning on your experience with high net worth individuals, you’ll be as comfortable hosting events (from small Jeffersonian dinners, to book clubs and panel discussions) as you are chatting directly with a member via email or on the phone, and you will be energised by working collaboratively across the entire organisation to ensure the best outcome for our members.
Strong math and/or financial literacy is a plus, given the nature of the relationships you’ll be managing.
We would love to speak to people who have:
- A true intuition for great account management/client servicing and knowing how to interact with entrepreneurs/HNWIs as a peer.
- Experience building, stewarding and influencing relationships directly with individuals on a 1:1 basis – this may have come in the form of a client or donor facing role.
- Excellent communication and listening skills, able to understand the needs of our members through careful questioning and conversation.
- An ability to distill complex concepts into accessible information.
- Experience and background within the tech sector, philanthropy sector and/or working with donors. Understanding of strategic or effective giving concepts are a bonus.
- Experience hosting/facilitating events.
- Solid quantitative skills and/or strong math or financial literacy – can understand complex research and reports.
WHY WORK WITH US?
You can find more about the benefits we offer on our website, but what makes us truly special is both our mission and our people. We’re a diverse team, from both charitable and commercial backgrounds, who believe that amazing things can happen when we tackle problems together. We offer a flat structure and an opportunity to help shape the future of philanthropy.
We have a global flexible first approach to working. We ask that applicants for this role are based in/around London with the ability to attend our small HQ in London Bridge when required, but there’s no expectation for you to attend on a regular basis. Otherwise, you just need a great home wifi connection and we’ll provide you with everything else you need to be successful in your role.
On top of this, we’ll bring the global team together twice per year (when it’s safe to do so)!
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Founders Pledge. We seek people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds, who share our drive to understand and solve complex social challenges.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Finding solutions to the world’s most pressing problems requires different perspectives and unique ways of thinking and we are committed to building an inclusive and diverse workplace where everyone can do their best work.