We’re looking for a dynamic and ambitious sustainability consultant to join our global commercial team.
In this role, you will guide large global organisations through the opaque world of nature-based carbon offsets and provide them with a unique alternative that gives more transparency, delivers greater confidence, and enables them to deliver positive climate impact at scale.
What does Sylvera do?
In less than a year, Sylvera has built a partnership with NASA, secured investment from Europe’s top VC fund, and built an extraordinary team.
Sylvera is bringing transparency to the opaque voluntary carbon markets by using satellite data and machine learning algorithms to accurately assess the performance of carbon offset projects. This transparency helps scale a global market primed for 15-100x growth in the coming 10 years.
What will you do in the role?
We’re doing amazing and globally important work, and you’ll make sure more organisations achieve the impact they desire through our product.
Your role will be to partner with our COO and VP Commercial Development to expand and accelerate our commercial success, partnering with large enterprise customers from all over the world. In the role you will:
- Build and own a territory of large enterprise prospects
- Develop and execute outbound strategies to create and nurture opportunities
- Own the full client engagement cycle from lead to close
- Use your climate expertise to establish and grow relationships with multiple stakeholders within our prospects and drive to close
- Contribute to the development, standardisation, and implementation of our commercial processes
- Develop a highly-informed market-facing voice
We’re looking for someone who:
- Cares deeply about the climate and ecosystems of earth
- Has good understanding of the offset market in general, and nature-based offsets in particular
- Is curious, creative, and gritty, and finds the path to a solution regardless of the barriers thrown in their way
- Is a persuasive verbal and written communicator
- Has experience working in a fast-moving, ambiguous environment
- Gets excited about prospecting through multiple channels
- Gets satisfaction from building new processes and improving existing ones
We’re also excited if you have:
- Experience working in and / or studying at post-graduate level sustainability, climate change, environmental policy, forestry, international development
- Experience working in an early stage software / technology company
- Experience working with large enterprise organisations
What if you’re a partial fit?
We prioritise grit, positivity, and the willingness to get stuck in, and encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn’t exactly match this job description.
Equal employment opportunity
Sylvera is an equal opportunity employer: we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Competitive salary; options; matched pension.
London or remote (GMT +/-2)