You will be building a large Clojure based API (Liberator, core.async, Ring, etc) and using a variety AI/NLP/ML tools & techniques to help develop and deliver the service.
You will also work closely with our Data Scientist & Head of Engagement to make sure the value and insight we extract from our traffic is passed on to our partners and users.
You’ll be based at WeFarm HQ at Tileyard Studios in London, working closely with the senior leadership team. We are looking for an ambitious, talented individual who knows a Y-combinator isn’t just an SV incubator and there’s more to currying than spices.
- Design and develop stable functional services
- Produce clean well documented idiomatic code
- Comfortable with Git Flow methodology
- Support Head of Engagement to deliver a quality UX to the users of WeFarm
- Service integrity and availability
- Computer science fundamentals, Bash, Regex, Git etc
- Clojure is the primary language of the system so an understanding of this although experience with other functional languages also qualify.
- Databases: MySQL & NoSQL/KV store
- An opinion on TDD, BDD, ReplDD & Hammock time
- Know your way around the multifarious AWS services
- Experience with CI/CD deployment pipelines
Some of the technologies we are using include Docker, Travis-CI, ClojureScript, Java interop, PHP (for our legacy system which we’re moving away from), graph databases such as Neo4J, frontend technologies such as React and React Native and a grasp of OWASP principles.
Domain knowledge & additional skills
- Passionate about the business and social impact
- Quick learner
- Influence without authority
- Hacker mindset with a crafts persons pride
- Pragmatic problem solver
- Strategic, proactive, creative, innovative and collaborative
To apply please submit your CV and cover letter. Feel free to include links to any GitHub projects, your StackOverflow profile or other ways to demonstrate why you’re the best person for the role