At Arrival, our team is creating best-in-class electric vehicles using a radical new method of design and production. We work with some of the world’s leading businesses and governments to achieve our goal of redefining mobility and transport ecosystems, transforming how people and goods travel and enhancing urban environments for all communities.
Innovation, rapid development and testing help us to push the boundaries. Our New Method takes our portfolio of patented technologies created in-house, and combines it with assembly in Arrival Microfactories. It’s a groundbreaking approach, leading to products with maximum functionality, peak efficiency, and an elevated experience – at a much more competitive price than other electric vehicles, and even fossil fuel vehicles.
We’re recognised by LinkedIn as the top UK startup of 2020, and recently announced plans to list on the Nasdaq with an expected valuation of $5.4bn.
Seeking for a CMF designer with a passion for design and material innovation, proven track record of production development programs.
As a CMF Designer for Arrival you will be part of a unified creative team that is leading the design and build of future mobility solutions today. Arrival is changing the way in which vehicles are designed, assembled and brought to market. We are working closely with our customers to realise mobility as an end to end service. You will be collaborative and flexible, moving swiftly between tasks and communicating effectively across teams, to make sure the design & material palette is successfully developed, communicated and implemented all the way to production ready vehicles. Technical knowledge is necessary, while visionary ethos and take risk approach is a must.
- Having a great mix of technical knowledge and creative intuition
- Understanding and implementing the impact of CMF on brand values to meet customer needs
- Experience in delivering a program from concept to production and deliver CMF design specification to production standard
- Act with confidence as intermediate between design, engineering, suppliers and purchasing teams, to implement the vision for production
- Sharp knowledge and critical eye when it comes to material and finishes design and execution
- Willing to push the boundaries of material technology and design specification
- Gaining satisfaction by bringing novel products to the market
- Being agile in day to day tasks, flexible and resilient, able to react at ease with last minute changes or requests
- Naturally able to coordinate own tasks
- Conscious of how to achieve excellent results through teamwork
- Showing sustainability agenda as part of personal portfolio and personal interest
- CMF design experience, ideally but not limited to the transport industry
- A diverse experience within transport and other fields would be ideal
- Knowledge of diverse material technology and manufacturing processes
- High colour and pattern acuity
- Strong program management skills within a fast-paced, cross-functional environment
- Ability to work independently as well as within a mixed team environment
- Proficiency in Adobe CS, Microsoft Office, Keyshot and similar software
At Arrival we want all of our employees to feel comfortable bringing their passion, creativity and individuality to work. We value all cultures, backgrounds and experiences, as we truly believe that diversity drives innovation. Join our mission to bring better, more sustainable transportation to communities around the world.