To apply for this job please visit peoplesenerg.bamboohr.com.
People’s Energy are a young and fast-growing ethical gas and electricity supply company, based in Shawfair near Edinburgh but supplying to customers UK wide. We launched, through crowdfunding, on 1 August 2017 and are growing rapidly. We have an ambitious goal: We want to put 1 million people in charge of their own energy and become known as the energy company that can be trusted to do the right thing at all times, for people, communities and the planet.
People’s Energy differs significantly from existing energy suppliers. We want to bring trust back into the energy market and offer a simple, fair, and affordable solution for all customers. We promise to give 75% of the profits back to our domestic customers through annual rebates, promise full transparency, and we will involve customers in key decisions. The electricity we sell is 100% renewable.
As a collections agent you will play a fundamental role in our back-office department, responsible for identifying, managing, and maintaining customer accounts that are in debt.
Contacting customers to discuss their account with a clear view of resolving and collecting the debt balance. Having full conversations regarding their circumstances to ensure we are supporting the customer in the best way we can. Taking payment over the phone, setting up payment plans or in some circumstances referring debt to our 3rd party debt collection company.
What is great about working at People’s Energy?
- Ethical Cause
- Generous Holiday Allowance
- Birthday Days Off
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Extensive Mental Health Support
- Yoga and Meditation Classes
- Fun and Engaged People
- Packed Social Calendar
- Enhanced Maternity Pay
- Generous Employer Pension Contributions
- Financial Employee Referral Rewards
- Growing Additional Benefits Package
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Investigating various collections task pots, taking all necessary actions to find resolution
- Take ownership of complex Collections queries.
- Identify any issues and take steps to correct the account
- Supporting other departments and working as one team
- Customer contact via phone & email with the aim of reducing the debt balance. Being able to confidently handle challenging conversations
- Deliver excellent Customer service though all methods of communication, ensuring full account working has been actioned
- Helping to drive business change and propose new ideas/processes to increase company reputation and performance
- Reporting on our performance in all areas related to debt collection
- Identify ways we can improve our processes, to improve our performance.
- Being adaptable and having the ability to pick up new work processes and move between processes
- Helping to develop and implement work guides
- Ability to help support and train others, areas within and out with the team
- Liaising with others within the business to help ensure full understanding of collections processes
- Work closely with our Membership Support Team, supporting them and ensuring a consistent approach to customer service is achieved
- Liaising with our 3rd party debt collection company
- Strong Numeracy Skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent call handling skills
- Analytical Skills
- Basic Excel Skills would be advantageous
- Experience working within a debt/collections role would be preferred but not essential
- Experience of using varied back office and task management systems