Location: South West England and South Wales. This role will start remotely, in line with current government guidelines. Going forward, this role has the flexibility to be a blend of home and office-based working so you need to be happy with travelling to our Bristol office.
We launched in 2009 with a mission to change energy for the better. Since then, we’ve welcomed over a million members, planted a million trees, and set our sights on helping save the planet.
As a Group, we’re working to become a net zero carbon business by 2030, while helping our OVO Energy members halve their carbon footprints at the same time.
Green energy and technology are great tools to fight the climate crisis with. But it’s people power that will rewrite history.
So we’re building a zero carbon team inside and out. Of people who share our values, feel inspired by our mission, and want to make change happen. When you work for OVO, it’s not just a job. It’s the work of a lifetime. And we want the sharpest minds to help.
Up for the challenge?
Where in the world of OVO will I be working?
As part of the wider Customer Service department, you’ll be working within the Collections Team who are dedicated to supporting our most vulnerable OVO Energy members.
The team takes inbound calls and makes outbound calls, focusing on finding solutions to help our customers who are in debt.
What will I be doing?
You’ll be dealing with a range of customers who are struggling financially, and need support to get debt free. You will work towards being fully compliant, supporting and rehabilitating our most vulnerable customers. You’ll look to drive a positive customer experience to ensure that you’re delivering the right options and fair outcomes for customers, getting their energy accounts back on track.
Key responsibilities include:
- Achieving high call quality, meeting compliance standards whilst delivering against agreed performance metrics
- Fully assessing customers’ circumstances and their ability to pay, communicating empathetically where needed.
- Handling high call volumes for both inbound and outbound
- Managing a portfolio of accounts that need individual management.
- Taking ownership of customer issues and work hard to find solutions.
- Showing capability to think creatively and develop solutions for customers; and to present cases to their Line Manager if outside agreed parameters.
Is this the job for me?
You’ll have a passion for customer service and getting things right for our customers. You’re comfortable tailoring your approach to each customer, ensuring you deliver a top-class experience.
You will be a confident communicator with excellent negotiation and objection handling skills. You might encounter some difficult conversations in this role so it’s important you’re confident talking to customers from all backgrounds.
Ideally you will:
- Have experience in a call centre environment and confidence to outbound contact customers to negotiate payment.
- Be a phenomenal teammate who is willing to be flexible to support others within the team or across the business.
- Be detail-orientated, ensuring all tasks are completed to a high standard
- Have a dedication to Quality, Compliance and doing the right thing.
- Be assertive, empathetic, professional, influential and a great negotiator.
Life at OVO can change every single day; so you’ll need to be comfortable in a fast-paced environment and supporting your team in achieving key objectives.
From us you’ll get
- A discretionary bonus
- 4% of your salary to spend on flexible lifestyle benefits
- 5% matched employer contribution to your pension
- 25 days holiday + 1 for your birthday
- Free breakfast
- Onsite gym
(*) Please note that certain benefits kick-in once you have passed probation which can be up to 6 months after your start date.
We want the best people
At OVO, we empower our people to have choice around where and when they work – flexible working arrangements can be discussed for all of our roles. Please speak to the Talent Acquisition team for more info.
We’re keen to meet people with varied backgrounds – our view is the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We want to build teams which represent a variety of experiences, perspectives and skills, and we recognise talent on the basis of merit and potential.
We understand some people may not apply for jobs unless they tick every box. If you’re excited about joining us and think you have much of what we’re looking for, even if you’re not 100% sure… we’d love to hear from you.