To apply for this job please visit peoplesenerg.bamboohr.com.
Who is People’s Energy?
People’s Energy is a fast-growing ethical gas and electricity supply company, based in Shawfair near Edinburgh but supplying to customers UK wide. We launched on 1 August 2017 and are growing rapidly – we are at 350,000 customers now. We have an ambitious goal: We want to put 1 million people in charge of their own energy and become known as the energy company that can be trusted to do the right thing at all times, for people, communities and the planet.
People’s Energy differs significantly from existing energy suppliers. We want to bring trust back into the energy market and offer a simple, fair and affordable solution for all customers, including these currently in fuel poverty. We were crowdfunded, have no external shareholders, and we give 75% of the profits back to customers. The electricity we sell is renewable. We promise full transparency, and we involve customers through representatives on our Advisory Board. Staff members also have a representative on the Advisory Board, and we are keenly focused on staff well being and development. We are a Living Wage employer.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Investigating various collections task pots, taking all necessary actions to find resolution
- Take ownership of complex Collections queries.
- Identify any issues and take steps to correct the account
- Supporting other departments and working as one team
- Customer contact via phone & email with the aim of reducing the debt balance. Being able to confidently handle challenging conversations
- Deliver excellent Customer service though all methods of communication, ensuring full account working has been actioned
- Helping to drive business change and propose new ideas/processes to increase company reputation and performance
- Reporting on our performance in all areas related to debt collection
- Identify ways we can improve our processes, to improve our performance.
- Being adaptable and having the ability to pick up new work processes and move between processes
- Helping to develop and implement work guides
- Ability to help support and train others, areas within and out with the team
- Liaising with others within the business to help ensure full understanding of collections processes
- Work closely with our Membership Support Team, supporting them and ensuring a consistent approach to customer service is achieved
- Liaising with our 3rd party debt collection company
- Strong Numeracy Skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent call handling skills
- Analytical Skills
- Basic Excel Skills would be advantageous
- Experience working within a debt/collections role would be preferred but not essential
- Experience of using varied back office and task management systems
At People’s Energy we are committed to ensuring that everyone, no matter race, background, sexuality, gender or any other protected characteristic is supported and afforded equal opportunities in the business. As it says on our website – we are by the people, for the people. We are committed to maintaining a fair and measured recruitment process and our development opportunities are open to all.