The OVO Group’s purpose is to drive progress towards net zero carbon living. To reach Plan Zero, we need everyone to come together – not just as customers buying energy, but as members with a common goal. As part of this ambitious plan, our goal is to become the ‘Best Employer in the UK’ by 2030. If you think you could be the talent we’re looking for, then come and join the adventure!
We launched in 2009 with a mission to change energy for the better. Since then, we’ve welcomed over a million members, planted a million trees, and set our sights on helping save the planet.
As a Group, we’re working to become a net zero carbon business by 2030, while helping our OVO Energy members halve their carbon footprints at the same time.
Green energy and technology are great tools to fight the climate crisis with. But it’s people power that will rewrite history.
So we’re building a zero carbon team inside and out. Of people who share our values, feel inspired by our mission, and want to make change happen. When you work for OVO, it’s not just a job. It’s the work of a lifetime. And we want the sharpest minds to help.
Up for the challenge?
Where in the world of OVO will I be working?
You will be working within the Bristol Collections Team who are dedicated to supporting our members who are in debt with OVO. You will be responsible for taking inbound and outbound calls, with a focus on resolutions that are fair for both the company and customer.
What will I be doing?
You will be dealing with a range of customers who are struggling financially and need support to get debt free. You will work towards being fully compliant, supporting and rehabilitating our most vulnerable customers and look to drive a positive customer experience to ensure that you’re delivering the right options and outcomes for our customers.
Key responsibilities include:
- Achieve high call quality, meeting compliance standards whilst delivering against agreed performance metrics
- Fully assess the customers’ circumstance and ability to pay while demonstrating empathy were applicable.
- Handle high call volumes
- Utilise all services and support that OVO and our 3rd parties can offer to deliver the right outcome for the customer.
- Take ownership of customer issues and work hard to find solutions.
- Be the point of escalation when Care Agents can no longer offer support, making sure to take over all calls and be responsible for the customer
- Ensure all tasks are completed to a high standard with attention to detail.
- Must also show capability to think creatively and develop solutions for our members; and to present cases to their Line Manager if outside agreed parameters.
Is this the job for me?
You will demonstrate a strong customer focus that enables a fair outcome for the customer, resulting in appropriate payment plans and getting the member’s energy account back on track. You will have the ability to tailor your approach to each customer, to ensure you’re delivering a great experience.
You’ll have a passion for getting things right for our customers and putting them at the heart of everything you do. Life at OVO can be pretty fast paced so you need to be comfortable and flexible in a changing environment.
- Experience in a call centre environment and confidence to outbound contact customers to negotiate payment.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and objections handling skills.
- A desire and commitment to becoming a high performer.
- A strong team player who is willing to be flexible to support others within the team or across the business.
- Have a commitment to Quality, Compliance and doing the right thing.
- Assertive, empathetic, professional, influential and a great negotiator.
From us you’ll get
- 4% of your salary to spend on flexible lifestyle benefits
- 5% matched employer contribution to your pension
- An annual discretionary bonus
- 25 days holiday + 1 for your birthday
- And many more…
(*) Please note that certain benefits kick-in once you have passed probation which can be up to 6 months after your start date.
We want the best people
At OVO, we empower our people to have choice around where and when they work – flexible working arrangements can be discussed for all of our roles. Please speak to the Talent Acquisition team for more info.
We’re keen to meet people with varied backgrounds – our view is the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We want to build teams which represent a variety of experiences, perspectives and skills, and we recognise talent on the basis of merit and potential.
We understand some people may not apply for jobs unless they tick every box. If you’re excited about joining us and think you have much of what we’re looking for, even if you’re not 100% sure… we’d love to hear from you.