Limejump seeks a driven and experienced Commercial Analyst with power market experience to join our Business Development team within the renewable energy industry. If you have a track record of creating and owning high quality modelling relating to power market deal economics and market optimisation then please read on.
As a Commercial Analyst you will take ownership of data and deal structuring within the Business Development team. This role requires an analyst with an entrepreneurial spirit and a willingness to get stuck in to unlock exciting new commercial opportunities to further our mission. The team are continuously seeking to enhance the complexity and robustness of our suite of commercial offerings and your price forecasting, financial planning and risk analysis will drive a culture of data-driven decision making in the Business Development team. In this role you will be collaborating closely with Trading, Commercial Finance and our counterparts at Shell. You will report to Limejump’s Head of Business Development.
- You will lead on structured product analysis across Limejump’s suite of commercial offerings, and develop robust modelling to drive this analysis
- Your will strike a balance with your workload to ensure that time sensitive and bespoke analysis for specific deal structuring is timely and exceeds requirements
- You will work with Business Development Managers and take a data driven approach to ensure that Limejump’s products and structures are both market competitive and commercially viable – continuously seeking to improve our competitor analysis and benchmarking
- You will use data to challenge the status quo and improve the Business Development team’s commercial offerings
- You will take ownership of market analysis within the Business Development team and leverage business intelligence tools to ensure that this is stored in an intuitive and replicable format
- You will build collaborative working relationships with Trading and Regulatory Affairs to ensure you are the commercial expert on power market developments and their impacts on our customers, and develop a consistent method to share these with Limejump’s wider Commercial team
- You will use your industry network to leverage information on UK power market trends and policy
What we need from you – Essential Requirements:
- Demonstrated experience as an expert in the UK power market
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, you will need the capacity to balance between ad hoc and strategic initiatives
- Outstanding analytical and technical skills, with an ability to challenge and be challenged on your numbers
- Ability to use data and modelling to make informed commercial decisions
- Experience distilling complex analysis into simple, credible and intuitive presentations for a wide variety of stakeholders
- Endless curiosity and a penchant for unconstrained thinking
- Relentless attention to detail and the drive to continuously improve Limejump’s suite of commercial product offerings
- A passion for Limejump’s mission – to revolutionise the energy industry!
- CFA or equivalent experience in financial structuring and modelling
- Experience using business reporting tools, including Looker and Salesforce
- Strong Excel modelling skills, SQL and Python are an advantage
Please note that all applicants must have a current right to work in the UK without a work permit. Limejump cannot sponsor employment visas for this role.
Limejump is an award-winning tech company that connects customers to our in-house trading and data centres as we work towards our mission to revolutionise the UK energy industry. Limejump is made possible by our team of experts and a meaningful commitment to sustainability. Since 2019, our mission has been supercharged by investment from one of the world’s largest business initiatives, Shell New Energies. By joining Limejump, you’ll work alongside a fun and friendly group of people from all over the world and be instrumental in our shared vision– to harness data and technology that will shape the future of energy.
- Fair pay and performance practices, including a transparent bonus structure
- Flexible working options and 25 days annual leave (+ a day off for your birthday!)
- An Innovation Card loaded with your learning budget and 10% time to learn at work
- (Once we’re back!) A friendly plant-filled office with regular fruit delivery and fresh roasted local coffee
- A subsidised onsite gym membership and a Cycle to Work scheme
- Regular team social events, summer and Christmas parties
- Shared Lunch n’ Learns and skill sharing opportunities
- A holistic Employee Assistance programme, offering free phone and/or face-to-face counselling and an excellent discount programme
Limejump values equality and diversity, and we welcome applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
About Your Application Data
By clicking the “Submit Application” button you expressly make the following representations and warranties and give your consents as described below:
Limejump Ltd. collects your personal data for the purposes of managing Limejump Ltd.’s recruitment related activities as well as for organizational planning purposes. Consequently, Limejump Ltd. may use your personal data in relation to the evaluation and selection of applicants including for example setting up and conducting interviews and tests, evaluating and assessing the results thereto and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment processes including the final recruitment.
Limejump Ltd. does not disclose your personal data to unauthorized third parties. Limejump Ltd. may from time to time also use third parties to act on Limejump Ltd.’s behalf. You agree to the fact that to the extent necessary your personal data may be transferred and/or disclosed to any company within Limejump Ltd. as well as to third parties acting on Limejump Ltd.’s behalf, including also transfers to servers and databases outside the country where you provided Limejump Ltd with your personal data. Such transfers may include for example transfers and/or disclosures outside the European Economic Area and in the United States of America.