Limejump is an award-winning tech company that connects customers to our in-house trading and data centres as we work towards our mission to revolutionise the UK energy industry. Limejump is made possible by our team of experts and a meaningful commitment to sustainability. Since 2019, our mission has been supercharged by investment from one of the world’s largest business initiatives, Shell New Energies. By joining Limejump, you’ll work alongside a fun and friendly group of people from all over the world and be instrumental in our shared vision– to harness data and technology that will shape the future of energy.
Limejump seeks a driven and experienced Commercial Analyst with power market experience to join our Business Development team. If you have a track record of creating and owning high quality modelling relating to power market deal economics and market optimisation then please read on.
As a Commercial Analyst you will take ownership of data and deal modelling within the Business Development team. This role requires an entrepreneurial spirit and a willingness to get stuck in to unlock exciting new commercial opportunities to further our mission. The team are continuously seeking to enhance the complexity and robustness of our suite of commercial offerings and your modelling and analysis will drive a culture of data-driven decision making in the Business Development team. In this role you will be collaborating closely with Trading, Commercial Finance and our counterparts at Shell. This role will report to Limejump’s Head of Business Development.
- Lead on structured product analysis across Limejump’s suite of commercial offerings, and develop robust modelling to drive this analysis
- Strike a balance with your workload to ensure that time sensitive and bespoke analysis for specific deals is timely and exceeds requirements
- Work with Business Development Managers and take a data driven approach to ensure that Limejump’s products and structures are both market competitive and commercially viable – continuously seeking to improve our competitor analysis and benchmarking
- Use data to challenge the status quo and improve the Business Development team’s commercial offerings
- Take ownership of market analysis within the Business Development team and leverage business intelligence tools to ensure that this is stored in an intuitive and replicable format
- Build collaborative working relationships with Trading and Regulatory Affairs to ensure you are the commercial expert on power market developments and their impacts on our customers, and develop a consistent method to share these with Limejump’s wider Commercial team
- Use your industry network to leverage information on UK power market trends and policy
What we need from you – Essential Requirements:
- Demonstrated experience as an expert in the UK power market
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, you will need the capacity to balance between ad hoc and strategic initiatives
- Outstanding analytical and technical skills, with an ability to challenge and be challenged on your numbers
- Ability to use data and modelling to make informed commercial decisions
- Experience distilling complex analysis into simple, credible and intuitive presentations for a wide variety of stakeholders
- Endless curiosity and a penchant for unconstrained thinking
- Relentless attention to detail and the drive to continuously improve Limejump’s suite of commercial product offerings
- A passion for Limejump’s mission – to revolutionise the energy industry!
- CFA or equivalent experience in financial structuring and modelling
- Experience using business reporting tools, including Looker and Salesforce
- Strong Excel modelling skills, SQL and Python are an advantage
Please note that all applicants must have a current right to work in the UK without a work permit. Limejump cannot sponsor employment visas for this role.
- Fair pay and performance practices, including a transparent bonus structure
- Flexible working options and 25 days annual leave (+ a day off for your birthday!)
- An Innovation Card loaded with your learning budget and 10% time to learn at work
- (Once we’re back!) A friendly plant-filled office with regular fruit delivery and fresh roasted local coffee
- A subsidised onsite gym membership and a Cycle to Work scheme
- Regular team social events, summer and Christmas parties
- Shared Lunch n’ Learns and skill sharing opportunities
- A holistic Employee Assistance programme, offering free phone and/or face-to-face counselling and an excellent discount programme
Limejump values equality and diversity, and we welcome applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.