We are searching for an experienced Commercial & Financial Analyst to be based at any of our UK&I offices.
Do you want to work to make Power for Good?
We’re the world’s largest independent renewable energy company. We’re driven by a simple yet powerful vision: to create a future where everyone has access to affordable, zero carbon energy.
We know that achieving our ambitions would be impossible without our people. Because we’re tackling some of the world’s toughest problems, we need the very best people to help us. They’re our most important asset so that’s why we continually invest in them.
RES is a family with a diverse workforce, and we are dedicated to the personal professional growth of our people, no matter what stage of their career they’re at. We can promise you rewarding work which makes a real impact, the chance to learn from inspiring colleagues from across a growing, global network and opportunities to grow personally and professionally.
Our competitive package offers rewards and benefits including pension schemes, flexible working, and top-down emphasis on better work-life balance. We also offer private healthcare, discounted green travel, 25 days holiday with options to buy/sell five days per annum, enhanced family leave and four volunteering days per year so you can make an impact somewhere else.
You will provide RES with excellent commercial support across its business activities. This is a meaningful role that involves financial modelling, market and strategic analysis, supporting negotiations with investors and supporting the UK&I region on a range of commercial matters.
You will support the Commercial and Project Delivery Teams to help maximise project value. They will also help to maintain and improve relations with partners, including potential investors, PPA counterparties and suppliers.
Working within the Commercial department the applicant will:
- Produce financial models to undertake project, asset & company valuations
- Research and produce market, strategic and competitor analysis
- Help negotiate new power purchase agreements and project sales by reviewing and commenting on contract terms and associated commercial risks and rewards
- Maintain and challenge the assumptions used in financial modelling
- Analyse new business activities and acquisition opportunities
- Support business planning and strategy
- An understanding of the UK and Ireland renewable energy markets
- Awareness of project sales processes and structures
- Appreciation of important risk issues
- Excellent analytic skills and ability to create insight that makes a difference to the business
- Advanced Excel skills for financial modelling and forecasting
- Collaborative team member with intellectual rigor and attention to detail
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and the ability to communicate and explain findings to a non-financial audience
- Experience applying financial analysis and valuation techniques
- Experience supporting M&A transactions is desirable
- Degree or relevant financial analysis qualification
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.