Adding climate clauses to contracts mandates enforceable climate action. The Chancery Lane Project (TCLP) is a global collaboration of legal professionals driving the inclusion of ambitious climate action into all legal agreements, to codify and enforce commitments to a net zero economy.
About the role of Communications and Community Manager
The power of TCLP is its network. The Communications (Comms) and Community Manager will lead the development of a vibrant global community of lawyers using the power of law to tackle climate change.
You will galvanise this community, to ensure relevant and timely information-sharing, foster peer-to-peer interaction, act on opportunities and liaise between our community and the team. Through delivery of our communications strategy you will ensure that both our community and the media are well-informed about TCLP’s key messages and activities.
This role will report to the Managing Director.
- Further develop and implement our comms strategy across all media.
- Refine TCLP’s “voice” to develop our core messages across our community.
- Provide engaging information to our community on TCLP strategy, climate resources, events, metrics etc.
- Develop a community-building strategy anchored in best-in-class network science and real world experience.
- Implement this strategy, to maximise uptake of climate clauses across a diverse range of settings, jurisdictions, sectors and practice areas, cultures and languages.
- Identify, develop and manage the technologies required to bring our community-building strategy to life, including optimising our CRM (Salesforce) to drive targeted and segmented audience interaction.
- Support our team to build relationships across our community, developing approaches that increase engagement over time and that are tailored to the different sub-groups within our community (in-house counsel, law firms, professional support lawyers (PSLs), and specific sectors or industries).
- Foster peer-to-peer interactions on LinkedIn and other relevant platforms.
- Track and report on comms and community metrics.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter, who is passionate about climate action. You will have the following attributes:
- Strong commitment to TCLP’s vision and mission.
- Resourceful, self-motivated, with a can-do attitude.
- Significant comms experience, particularly in the legal sector, and proven ability to create and implement strategies to disseminate engaging content.
- Deep knowledge and experience of digital communities, including a strong understanding and experience of managing relevant technology.
- Flexible and adaptable; comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- A “people person” with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Confident in liaising with individuals from magic circle legal firms and multinational businesses at all levels of seniority.
- Ability to develop and interpret partner engagement metrics.
- Start date: as soon as possible
- Salary: GBP 40,000 – GBP 50,000 p.a., depending on experience
- Remote working (UK based)
- 25 days holiday p.a. plus 8 public holidays
TCLP is a family-friendly and inclusive organisation.
- Your CV
- A cover letter addressing the following:
- Your motivation for applying to TCLP
- Your fit, with reference to the requirements shown above
- How you will manage this role working remotely
- Potential start date and salary expectation
to Anne Murrell, Director of Operations: email@example.com
Contact Anne in advance if you would like further information before applying.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.