IIGCC and Climate Action 100+ are looking for a Communications Manager to serve the initiative at a global level. Reporting into IIGCC’s Head of Communications you will be responsible for the delivery of the communications strategy across media relations, content creation, digital and social media. You will work closely with the five groups in the Climate Action 100+ to deliver a coherent proactive communications output.
- Drafting joint press releases for the initiative (e.g. to launch the annual report), circulating and coordinating approval from the five networks.
- Ensuring brand/style guidelines are used consistently across all initiative communications.
- Supporting the Communications Working Group co-chairs in reactively managing reputational challenges faced by the initiative.
- Drafting comment and opinion led editorial content for placement and supporting other joint written output, including proofreading the annual report.
- Creating and updating website content.
- Content creation for the Climate Action 100+ Twitter channel.
- Ensuring visibility across network-led engagement related communications.
Key skills and experience required
- Communications/PR background with solid experience covering at least one of the following areas: climate change, ESG or sustainability.
- Exceptional prioritisation, planning and organisational skills.
- An excellent writer with close attention to detail.
- A motivated and proactive self-starter, and confident team player.
- Excellent command of the English language (both spoken and written), other languages a plus.
- A genuine interest in the mission and values of the initiative.
Interested applicants should submit a Curriculum Vitae and a cover letter detailing their qualifications and experience for the role via Ellwood Atfield by 30th September.
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer a range of benefits including:
- 25 days’ annual leave plus public holidays
- Generous company pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Private healthcare
- Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
IIGCC does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, gender, sex, sexual orientation, disability, religion, marital status, or any other basis of discrimination prohibited by law.