Responsible to: Head of Individual Giving and Marketing
Contract Type: Permanent, full time (37 hours per week)
Location: Social Bite, 1 Leith Walk Edinburgh EH6 8LN. Remote working will be required until further return to workplace guidance is released.
Please send your CV and a covering email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Friday 2nd July 2021.
Overview of Social Bite:
Social Bite is on a mission to end homelessness through pioneering employment, food, and housing initiatives, originating in Scotland, and now replicating collaborative projects throughout the UK. Since the start of 2021 we have provided over 180,000 food packs and essential items to people in need; and exist to ensure everyone has a safe place to call home.
We built the Social Bite Village in 2018 to provide an innovative, highly supported community for up to 20 people affected by homelessness. This year we launched our aspirations to build two more villages in two new cities in the UK. We also lead national and international fundraising events to fund and lead long-term effective change such as Scotland’s Housing First Programme – a programme that will see more than 800 vulnerable individuals move into permanent homes in Scotland.
About the Role
We’re looking for someone who is highly proactive in identifying and managing Community and Youth fundraising and engagement opportunities – including building excellent relationships and engaging campaigns – to join our passionate and dedicated team. The successful candidate will have vision and will build a strategy for engaging existing and acquiring new community supporters, to unlock and build on the significant potential of this fundraising stream.
This role is a fantastic opportunity for someone who can apply their skills and expertise to this fast-paced, energetic organisation. The candidate will be organised, self-motivated and have a passion for fundraising, being creative and generating new ideas.
Purpose of Post:
- Raise funds from a range of community fundraising sources
- Devise Youth Fundraising and Community Fundraising and engagement strategies
- To inspire the next generation of fundraisers by delivering on a year-round creative learning and educational programme
- To develop lasting relationships with all fundraisers to make them feel valued for their efforts through a creative and rewarding stewardship programme.
Strategy and Planning
- Implement a Youth and Community-led fundraising strategy
- Devise and implement a year-round fundraising plan considering nationwide calendar of events
- Implement a donor pipeline for individual and youth fundraisers
- Assess systems regularly, and provide solutions for better systems where required.
- Attend fundraising and other events as required
- Develop and nurture relationships with fundraisers, with the aim of maximizing funds
- Identify, develop and nurture relationships with potential funders and leads e.g. local
community groups, local businesses, schools and volunteers
- Diversify the types of groups, sectors and organisations to fundraise with e.g. community champions, local businesses, groups & associations (as well as schools and universities)
- Implementan Ambassador programme
- Broaden community fundraising income streams with Social Bite-led events and campaigns including raffles, sponsored challenges, in aid of events
Targets and budgets
- Plan and monitor the allocation of the budget in conjunction with the Head of Individual Giving and Marketing
- Record data accurately using Salesforce
- Produce reports and analysis as and when required using Just Giving, Virgin Money Giving and Facebook fundraising among other platforms
- Respond to all enquiries made by telephone, email, social media and post in a timely manner
- Acknowledge all donations, accordingly and write effective thank you emails/letters
- Provide financial income analysis to monitor progress as and when required
- Adhere to all financial procedures
Marketing and Communications
- Follow up on PR opportunities relating to fundraisers in conjunction with PR Agency and Communications Manager
- Provide content for communications channels, e.g: Newsletters, e-newsletters, magazines, blogs and social media
- Work with marketing team to create fundraising materials including packs, merchandise, equipment and resources as required to appropriately promote and represent Social Bite
- Provide support for other aspects of fundraising and marketing as required at busy times of the year
- Carry out any other duties as required within the general remit of the post
- Director of Fundraising
- Head of Individual Giving and Marketing
- Corporate Partnerships Manager and the wider fundraising and communications team
- Social Impact Team
- Shop Managers and staff
- Restaurant team
- Finance Team
- PR Agency
- Web Agency
- Freelance Designer