To apply for this job please visit school-space.org.
School Space is hiring reliable, community-orientated, team players, who are flexible and amenable to join our Community Connector Team!
Job Type: Part-time during evenings and weekends
Job Location: Oxfordshire, Berkshire, London
Link to apply: https://school-space.org/about-us/join-us/cc-application/
What do we do?
School Space works with schools to rent out their facilities to the local community for regular groups and one-off events. The income generated is used by the schools to improve education and facilities for their students, in addition to creating stronger connections with their neighbours. Local residents and small business owners get access to quality venues on their doorstep that house clubs, activities and celebrations.
Our mission is to encourage schools to connect with their local community and become more entrepreneurial. We’re a social enterprise, which means that despite having a keen eye on business growth, the community is at the heart of what we do.
We are intrinsically driven to improve and develop every team member at School Space. From weekly update videos from the founders, to regular training days, socials, progression opportunities and unexpected ‘magic moments,’ our people are quite literally at the heart of what we do.
Key responsibilities include:
• Opening and closing local schools in the evenings and weekends
• Carrying out checks as necessary and light cleaning/tidying after bookings
• Setting up, and clearing away of tables and chairs so that our events can run in bare spaces (training provided)
• Providing great customer service and communicating what’s happening at schools to the operations team.
• Being a link between the community, the schools and us
• Offer exceptional customer service. It is essential that you listen, understand and deal with customer and school queries and complaints in a way that positively reflects our brand
• Set the standard. We’re very proud of our reputation, and we expect our Community Connectors to help maintain it. You will be the face of our service; we expect you to be friendly, polite, and extremely reliable
• Be flexible, organised, and have excellent time keeping skills to ensure that our bookings run like clockwork. We want happy schools and happy customers
• Be open to receiving customer feedback and sharing this with the wider team so that we can continuously improve our service offering
• Keep us focused as a social enterprise by sharing your knowledge of the local community with us.
In the last year we’ve generated over £1,000,000 for our partner schools across Oxfordshire and London, running over 20,000 events a year – join us to be part of the next seven figure year for our local education system.