Spin is a fast-growing micromobility company committed to a world with clean air, liveable cities, safe streets, and widespread access to convenient, affordable transportation. If you’re searching for a top-tier career where you can make a difference and dynamically collaborate within a creative, lively environment—Spin welcomes you!
We’re passionate about transportation and technology. The work we accomplish fulfills a sense of meaning and purpose, which goes beyond the traditional dimensions of a workplace. Our products and initiatives directly influence people’s lives, which is proven by our customers’ feedback.
Founded in 2017, and now a subsidiary of Ford Motor Company, we have worked together with cities, campuses, community groups, and businesses to expand internationally. Even as we expand, we maintain the close feeling of a small business, with “fireside chats” chats led by our company’s founders, weekly OKR pop-up videos, music-infused presentations at our All Hands meetings, and more. During this time of working remotely, our creativity and shared goals have kept us united and bonded within our virtual community.
We are a diverse team of artists, engineers, designers, urban planners, policymakers, marketers, and operators. We believe in inclusivity and build powerful alliances to fulfill our goals and move our mission forward. Above all, we at Spin are connected by our values and #BeOrange spirit, which represents unity, purpose, passion, and creativity.
About the Role
Spin’s Community Partnerships team owns and maintains strong relationships with diverse partners in all markets where Spin operates. The team completes work that is crucial to Spin’s partnership promise and operations. The team also supports other high-value company initiatives.
The Essex Community Partnership Coordinator will lead all aspects of community engagement in the region and support the UK Community Partnerships Manager. This includes establishing relationships with influential organisations and supporting local engagement efforts. We are looking for an excellent new colleague to work with our growing team. This is a Fixed terms contract of 6 months, with the potential for further extensions. This role can be remote but will require regular visits to our key stakeholders in the region and potentially other UK cities as we grow.
- Support the growth of Spin’s products and services in Essex and the UK
- Build positive relationships with Essex organisations
- Quickly establish relationships with decision makers and influencers working on sustainable transportation, safety, and equitable access
- Represent Spin in local partnership areas within Essex, strengthening Spin’s brand, reputation and ability to deliver value to the community
- Build relationships with influencers and grass roots organisations (community organisations, advocacy groups, business improvement districts, etc) in your partnership areas, and develop quarterly engagement plans
- Represent Spin at local events (safety events, community festivals, community sports festivals, neighbourhood fun days, etc), and coordinate support with third-party resources when needed
- Promote Spin Access, Spin’s equity program designed to reduce barriers for diverse populations
- Collaborate cross-functionally with General Managers and operations teams to maintain a strong understanding of operational priorities
- Collect, track, and report local data as required according to internal and external requests
- Build alliances with business groups (BIDs , Chamber of Commerce etc) and other organisations to support Business Team objectives
- Build business leads via outreach, events, and digital campaigns
- Understand and cultivate outstanding perspectives on micromobility with strategic partners and establish new opportunities for partners to collaborate with Spin
- 2 to 3 years experience of partnerships, transportation advocacy, or government relations or 1+ years with a relevant degree
- Ability to discover, qualify, and execute alliances quickly with partners
- Strategic problem solver with experience crafting playbooks for engagement being advantageous
- Dynamic interpersonal and presentation skills with proven ability to give public presentations to diverse audiences
- Ability to prioritize and manage a high volume of correspondence
- Ability to work in a self-sufficient manner to achieve objectives
- Good team working skills
- Confident converting networks and leads to partners with a collaborative approach
- Strong project management skills and excellent attention to detail
- Applicants with existing relationships within Essex organisations are highly preferred
- Fluent in English verbal and written