Carbon Tracker’s mission is to help markets and state actors align energy system capital allocation to the finite planetary limits of the Paris Agreement. Our success is measured by our ability to mobilise investors, policymakers and regulators into action around climate risk resulting in an orderly wind down of fossil fuels. Our analysis of unburnable carbon, stranded assets, and wasted capital has reframed the debate around climate change risk.
They are building a new team, who will create an exciting new workstream covering companies in Europe, the US and Asia. The team will produce analysis on the effective wind down and climate and financially secure transition plans for companies, which will provide investors with tools and evidence for impactful engagements and arguments with management teams.
They are looking for an experienced and innovative analyst to cover power and utilities companies with a European focus, slotting into our existing thematic sector team.
Apply via Acre
- Produce cutting edge research and analysis on companies’ Paris alignment, transition plans and create pathways for alignment alongside strategic and financial outlooks.
- Provide investors with analysis to empower engagement with company management teams, to catalyse macro change.
- Build quantitative models to drive conclusions, refine and evolve our data offering
- Contribute to strategy, research programme and develop methodology for Company Research with Head of Company Research.
- Impactfully and confidently articulate analysis to investors, both in writing and presentations, to build a compelling and persuasive narrative that will effect change
- Own company research for coverage universe and be an advisor for CA100+ activities
- Proven industry experience (at least five to seven years) in the power and utilities sector, with a focus on understanding economics and finance.
- Solid understanding of company financials reports and accounting.
- Strong knowledge and financial modelling and valuation expertise.
- Able to deeply analyse and company strategies alongside financial market implications.
- Programme and project planning experience.
- Adept at sourcing credible data and incorporating this data into financial, economic and market models.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to translate complexity clearly and concisely.
This role is one of the first hires for the new team and will be integral in setting the strategy, methodology, models and plan for the Company Research workstream.