Customer Support | £27.5k | Remote (but with a London office if you wish to use it)
At Pod Point we’re changing the way people drive. We fundamentally believe that travel shouldn’t damage the Earth so we’ve made it our mission to install a Pod Point (an Electric Vehicle charging point) everywhere you park. To make that vision a reality, we need the brightest, most tenacious and most inspiring talent in the world – we are growing faster than the market and we need to maintain that velocity – that’s where you come in!
We’re looking for an innovative, creative Complaints Team Leader to jump on board and help us achieve our ambitious growth goals. The position will report into the The Customer Support Manager and will be based remotely (although we have an office near Old Street Station in London that you are welcome to use).
What you’ll do
- Take ownership and shape our Complaints process with a focus on improving customer satisfaction
- Accurately record complaints, ensuring a timely response is provided from all departments
- Provide expert oversight and direction to the team and wider business on the handling of complaints, and outcome-based decision making
- Taking an active role in ongoing development projects within the department and wider business
- Encouraging a culture of continuous improvement at all levels
- Undertake day-to-day team management duties
What you’ll need
- Experience in handling customer complaints by phone, and in writing bespoke responses via email and social media platforms
- Knowledge of how to analyse complaints data and feeding this back to the business
- Previous Team Leader/Complaints experience gained from a high-volume Service Centre environment
- The ability to lead and inspire a team to deliver the best customer experience
- Be resilient in a fast-paced environment and ensure your team adapt to change seamlessly
- To be flexible, resilient, and patient
- To have a passion for problem-solving and the ability to self-motivate
- An appetite for learning new technologies
- To be a bundle of personality, energy, and professionalism
- Experience using CRM systems (Salesforce would be a big plus)
- You have a dog (which you’d be welcome to bring into the office, as and when you choose to go in)
- You’re passionate and knowledgeable about climate change, sustainability and/or the EV industry
And if you’re not sure whether you’re what we’re looking for – send us your CV anyway! We love to hear from people who are passionate about what we do, and we always take the view that a good cultural fit (and mission alignment) is much more important than ticking all the “qualifications, skills and experience” boxes.
Our culture is electric
At Pod Point we like to think we are anything but conventional. We have worked hard to create a rapidly-growing, constantly innovating, flat-structured world, where each employee can see the vital contribution they are making to the company. We knew from the very beginning that a rigid, corporate environment was never going to work for us, and we have stayed true to our word – we’re anything but.
We work hard; we’re not clock-watchers but equally you may find yourself working into the evening very occasionally. In return we’ll pay you well, give you complete ownership to shape the role, give you ground-breaking projects to work on and surround you with fantastic, talented people. We also provide the following benefits:
- Salary Sacrifice Electric Vehicle Scheme
- Flexible working hours and a casual dress code
- Remote first working approach
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Very generous maternity and paternity leave scheme
- Pension scheme
- Eyecare scheme
The socially distant elephant in the room
Our first priority (at all times, but especially during the COVID-19 pandemic) is to make sure we’re not unnecessarily exposing Pod Pointers to potential health risks. We’re a “Remote first” company anyway, so we’re continuing to conduct all interviews on Google Meet and are pretty good at onboarding new starters remotely (if we do say so ourselves). As soon as we feel it’s safe, we do intend to reopen our London office; and once that happens you will be welcome to use that for work if you prefer – although there will be no requirement for you to do so.
Final things to note
We like to deal directly with our candidates so no agencies please!