Hi, We’re Bulb. Nice to meet you. We’re working remotely to protect our team at the moment, but we are still hiring. So if you’re looking for a new role and you’re happy to take part in a remote interview, read on…
We are the UK’s biggest green energy supplier, providing affordable, renewable energy to homes and businesses across the UK. Our mission is to help people lower their energy bills and reduce their carbon impact at the same time.
Founded in 2015, we were named the UK’s fastest growing private company in 2018 and 2019, and in February 2021 we were named Europe’s fastest growing company by the Financial Times.
Over 1.7 million UK households have signed up to renewable energy with Bulb and we’ve expanded into Texas, France and Spain. We’re an accredited Living Wage Employer; we’ve been picked as one of LinkedIn’s top 25 UK tech startups to work for; and we’re a certified B Corp.
The role and team
We are looking for a pragmatic and collaborative Compliance Advisor to work with our Regulatory Compliance Manager on our energy compliance programme.
We’re Bulb, a technology company and green energy supplier. Technology is at the core of both our business and our members’ experiences. We’re also the first large UK energy supplier to achieve B Corp status.
At Bulb, we grow sustainably and do what’s right for our members. You will help us provide the best service to our members by making sure that we keep track of the regulatory changes that will impact our business and remain compliant.
You will report day-to-day to Bulb’s Regulatory Compliance Manager, while working with Bulb’s Head of Regulation and Sustainability.
You’ll be responsible for
– Making sure Bulb teams understand current regulatory requirements.
– Identifying and escalating risk exposures within Bulb on a timely basis and ensuring action plans are in place to address these risks.
– Monitoring compliance risks from new products and ensuring these risks are well- managed.
-Helping build a proactive culture to regulation across Bulb, including team training.
– Supporting the Compliance Manager develop and enhance our compliance strategy and roadmap.
What you’ll bring to Bulb
– You have strong knowledge of the energy market.
– You are comfortable interpreting regulations and how they apply to Bulb.
– You have a proven ability to diagnose the root cause of a problem using data, and recommending a solution and plan of action.
– You are collaborative by default.
– You are comfortable working at all levels of the organisation and also keen to roll your sleeves up and get stuff done.
– You are well-organised, hard working and detail-oriented, with the ability to prioritise and manage numerous projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
– You have excellent communication skills and are able to communicate complex ideas in a simple fashion.
– You have experience using data and technology to solve complex business challenges and the ability to use judgement.
Ideally, we’d like you to have:
– At least 2+ years of experience working on compliance in the UK energy sector.
– Specific experience with smart meters or PAYG meters and the associated regulatory obligations.
– Given the role of data in the energy market, familiarity with privacy and data protection obligations.
– Be part of a growing technology startup and help shape the future of energy
– Collaborative, flexible, and friendly environment
– Competitive salary, discretionary share options and bonus
– 33 days holiday a year (including bank holidays) and the option to buy up to 5 more
– 12 weeks of full pay for maternity, paternity or adoption leave
– Healthcare with Vitality after passing probation, life insurance, and a pension plan with employer contributions
– Cycle to work scheme
– One month sabbatical leave after your first year
We’re building a diverse, inclusive team
You’re welcome at Bulb wherever you’re from and whoever you are. We want to shake up the energy industry, and a diverse team that reflects our members will help us do just that. We know that sometimes, people don’t apply for a job because they don’t have every single skill listed in the job’s requirements. But there’s more to every role – and everyone at Bulb – than we can fit in a job description. So if you’re interested in a role here and believe you could be a good fit, we encourage you to apply. Even if you’re not ready now, if you’re invited to interview with us you’ll get feedback on the skills you should grow to become a candidate in the future. We’ve written more about building a diverse team on the Bulb blog.