To apply for this job please visit peoplesenerg.bamboohr.com.
Who is People’s Energy?
People’s Energy is a fast-growing ethical gas and electricity supply company, based in Shawfair near Edinburgh but supplying to customers UK wide. We launched on 1 August 2017 and are growing rapidly – we are at 350,000 customers now. We have an ambitious goal: We want to put 1 million people in charge of their own energy and become known as the energy company that can be trusted to do the right thing at all times, for people, communities and the planet.
As one of our Compliance Analysts, you’ll play a pivotal role in supporting the management of Regulatory risk, and in preparing detailed analysis for investigation and review. This role is key in analysing the Regulatory horizon, and in ensuring that forward visibility and proactive action is taken.
This is member centric role, with significant learning opportunities, a great deal of ownership across the landscape of Regulation and will make a significant difference across the entirety of our organisation
Key Tasks and Accountabilities
· Support the Compliance BP with report identification & collation and preparation for Regulator meetings
· Review the regulatory horizon, with a member and business lens and prepare consultation responses
· Support the ownership of the Regulatory mailbox, ensuring that Requests for Information (RFI’s), consultations, and industry change are managed in a timely manner
· Ensure that Smart regulations are well understood and that a framework for compliance is adhered to, ensuring that our commitment to All Reasonable Steps is clearly documented
· Work with operational teams to determine Regulatory risk, and under the guidance of the Compliance BP, work on enduring solutions which mitigate root causes. Challenging and supporting managers to develop suitable controls and monitoring
· Prepare draft investigation report outcomes
· Gathering, scoping, documenting and validating business requirements for existing and changing regulation
· Developing a good understanding of key regulation and legislation areas and leveraging this to enable managers to embed compliance in their operations
· Building strong relationships across People’s Energy, especially at the senior management level, to influence key decision makers
· Knowledge & experience of the Energy Industry
· Good working knowledge of Excel
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and ability to work with people across all levels of our organisation
· Keen eye for detail, and sound judgement
· Great problem solving skills
· Takes initiative and a quick learner
· Knowledge of Supply License Conditions & Smart Regulations
· Experience of back office processes & procedures
· Experience of working in a Continuous Improvement environment
At People’s Energy we are committed to ensuring that everyone, no matter race, background, sexuality, gender or any other protected characteristic is supported and afforded equal opportunities in the business. As it says on our website – we are by the people, for the people. We are committed to maintaining a fair and measured recruitment process and our development opportunities are open to all.