London / Remote
Full-time position. London-based, currently remote. Flexible working (2-3 days per week at the office)
Clim8’s mission is to have a positive impact on climate change. We want to empower millions of people to invest sustainably in themes that include clean energy, clean technology, sustainable food, smart mobility and recycling. Clim8 is well funded having already raised £10 million.
About the role
As we grow our product and customer base, we are looking for a highly-competent and experienced Compliance Analyst to join our Compliance team. We are looking for someone that is proactive in acquiring knowledge within the business and able to collaborate with all teams to ensure the product and all that we carry out sits comfortably within the current regulations.
You will be working alongside the Compliance Officer in managing and helping to create a regulated environment in the company. This could range from reviewing Financial Promotions, to assisting the Compliance Officer in rolling out training and guidance to employees. Whatever it takes to facilitate everyone making decisions which take into account the FCA framework within which we must operate.
We’re looking for someone with strong attention to detail, problem solving and proactive attitude, and a genuine desire to help the team.This will be a great opportunity both to learn in a cause driven fintech environment and make an impact on a small and rapidly growing start-up.
What you will be doing:
Your role will have the following requirements:
- To be able to support the approval of financial promotions and product governance framework with inputs, evaluations, and reports.
- Help improve, monitor and oversee an effective data protection framework, including policy maintenance, training, monitoring and reporting.
- Assist the Compliance Officer in their reports to the executive team and Board on key risks, issues and actions taken, ensuring that concerns and recommendations are clearly and concisely articulated so that appropriate action can be taken as necessary.
- Help the Compliance Officer improve and support the execution of the Compliance Monitoring Programme.
- Assist in the implementation of the compliance training programme.
- Monitor regulatory developments to and help the Compliance Officer ensure that change initiatives are addressed by stated deadlines.
Your skills & qualifications
- 2+ years of demonstrable experience in Compliance and/or Financial Services.
- Experience in data protection would be an advantage.
- Commercial acumen with ability to assess the practical relevance of compliance work
- Strong attention to detail and communication skills
- You’re passionate about sustainability and solving the climate crisis.
- You have a preference for being a self-learner and prefer to work in a smaller, less structured environment where your work will make a big impact.
- You’re a high-agency, high accountability person who gets things done.
- A creative thinker and problem solver with exceptional attention to detail
- Flexible working;
- 25 days’ holiday;
- Birthdays off;
- A diverse and inclusive culture;
- Building a better future!
Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
With investing, your capital is at risk