Role: Compliance Analyst
The OVO Group’s purpose is to drive progress towards net zero carbon living. To reach Plan Zero, we need everyone to come together – not just as customers buying energy, but as members with a common goal. As part of this ambitious plan, our goal is to become the ‘Best Employer in the UK’ by 2030. If you think you could be the talent we’re looking for, then come and join the adventure!
Where in the world of OVO will I be working?
Working within the OVO Retail Regulation & Compliance Team, reporting into the Compliance Manager, you will support the retail business with accurate and consistent compliance advisory services.
What will I be doing?
Key responsibilities include:
- Provision of energy and telecoms compliance advisory services to the retail business, ensuring that the retail business is well supported with advice and information on our regulatory obligations.
- Build and develop business partner relationships with a wide range of key stakeholders across the retail business, and provide compliance support for planned changes, improvement and projects across OVO Retail.
- Manage ad-hoc compliance queries from across the retail business, including the creation of Compliance Guides and Advice Notes to inform business policy.
- Review and approve customer comms to ensure compliance with licence conditions and Standards of Conduct.
- Support the completion of compliance information requests from the regulator.
- Ensure that commitments made to the regulator are tracked and delivered.
- Maintain the suite of compliance systems; including the service desk, ticketing system and iComply.
- Promote good practice and Standards of Conduct across OVO Retail.
Is this the job for me?
Ideally you will have:
- Some understanding of Ofgem Supplier Licence Conditions, industry codes and Ofcom obligations; as well as the legislation that sits behind them.
- Ability to translate complex licence conditions into clear and intelligible guidance for the business.
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal stakeholders and build relationships.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong organisational and communication skills to manage high volumes of compliance queries and requests.
We want the best people
At OVO, we empower our people to have choice around where and when they work – flexible working arrangements can be discussed for all of our roles. Please speak to the Talent Acquisition team for more info.
We’re keen to meet people with varied backgrounds – our view is the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We want to build teams which represent a variety of experiences, perspectives and skills, and we recognise talent on the basis of merit and potential.
We understand some people may not apply for jobs unless they tick every box. If you’re excited about joining us and think you have much of what we’re looking for, even if you’re not 100% sure… we’d love to hear from you.