Quorn Foods, with our entrepreneurial spirit is a great place to work. Our people are passionate, take initiative and accountability and, most of all, work together as one team, focused on one shared goal with common values.
We are an ambitious, growing, independent FMCG company, focused on creating the world’s leading meat-alternative business, through our market leading Quorn and Cauldron brands. We are a global business that designs, manufactures and sells our healthy protein products globally with annual sales turnover in excess of $250 million across 17 territories.
Job Title: Compliance Officer
Reports to: Chief Finance Officer
Responsible For: No direct reports
Purpose of role
Responsible for ensuring the Company complies with relevant external regulation and legislation as well creating monitoring systems to ensure business wide adherence to internal policies. The role holder will own and maintain the Quorn Foods Risk Register and will offer training and support to colleagues to increase understanding of regulatory requirements, compliance policies and ethical conduct across the organisation.
Dimensions of role
Key stakeholders will be the Quorn Foods Executive Committee with regular interaction with Group Compliance and Audit functions.
The role will be based in Leeds and the role holder will be expected to work across all other Quorn Foods UK sites – Stokesley, Belasis, Methwold as and when required
Your Key Contributions and Tasks/Accountabilities
- Monitoring business wide operations for compliance with regulatory and policy requirements
- Conduct reviews of organisational practices and operations in order to assess adherence to policies and regulations
- Consult with others to identify root causes of non-compliance events
- Implement the Risk and Governance Framework and play an active role in developing and maintaining the Risk Register
- Conduct on site compliance monitoring programmes to review regulatory processes and systems and controls
- Protect IP/business assets by ensuring relevant controls are in place and adhered to
- Manage the Internal Audit Process
- Ensure agreements, leases, and contracts are compliant with the various regulations and monitor Quorn’s performance regarding compliance and provision of information.
- Ensure compliance with all company finance arrangements either intercompany or with third parties including covenant certificates
- Reporting non-compliance issues to the Chief Finance and Operating Officer and Exec Committee/Group Compliance function
- Help develop and deliver regulatory and compliance training programmes and to act as an educational and training resource on all compliance matters
- To proactively assist colleagues to fully understand regulatory requirements in order to ensure the company operates in a fully compliant manner
- Determine what policies are applicable and needed in the organisation
- Review and update procedures to reflect changes in legislation and the business
- To identify best practice within the industry and keep up to date with regulatory developments
- Strong working knowledge of regulatory and legislative policy and procedures
- Strong working knowledge of risk management, preferably with Food sector experience
- Risk Management experience/knowledge
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Strong communication skills
- Application of High Ethical Standards – personal integrity and a sense of ethics to remain independent
We are offering a competitive salary, 25 days annual leave + bank holidays, pension scheme and life insurance options, Employee Assistance Program, and Staff Shop.