Our mission at Multus is to create the key ingredient, the growth media, to make cultivated meat affordable and profitable. We are developing a system that allows the production of animal-free, food-grade growth media using our optimised proteins that can meet demand at a commercially viable price-point.
Joining us will give you a unique opportunity not only to learn essential techniques within the field but also to gain insight into how biotechnology companies work through a small transparent startup. We are very dedicated to personal growth of each of our members, so we will guide you through any areas you are less confident in or dedicated to learn more about. We highly value proactivity and curiosity.
Length of internship: flexible, up to 12 months (min 4 months)
Role & Responsibility
- Collaborative coding for bioinformatics and assist data/statistical analysis.
- Support the development and implementation of computational tools used in R&D.
- Rigorous documentation and codebase maintenance. Proficient data collection, management, and interpretation.
- Support conceptualisation and implementation of experiments with team.
We expect you to:
- Be currently enrolled in or have recently completed a Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science, Bioengineering, Computational Biology, Systems Biology or a related technical field.
- Be proficient in at least one of the following languages: Python, R, Julia or Matlab.
- Be able to demonstrate initiative and pro-active approach.
- Be a good communicator and be comfortable with handling simultaneous tasks.
- Have the ability to be an independent contributor and work under ambiguity.
- Be comfortable working in a fast-paced and interdisciplinary environment.
Previous working/internship experience in related field (academic or industrial) is a plus.
What we offer
- Competitive salary.
- Full-time internship with possibility to convert into full-time role upon completion.
- Opportunity to work in a quickly growing environment and exciting domain.
- Opportunity to gather hands-on experience across a large variety of experimental methods and equipment, including but not limited to different automated high throughput platforms.
- An inspiring team to work and grow with!
Your job is to help us develop a game-changing composition. As such, and in line with the company mission, we expect you to be excited about alternative proteins and be dedicated to making cultivated meat a reality. Our aim is to help the planet by unlocking the cultivated industry, so you must be motivated to do exactly this. Our culture is casual but the work is serious. We expect you to be a flexible and focused team player.
The applications are considered on a rolling basis, we are closing this role the latest on the 15 July.
Multus recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, disability, age, and other protected status as required by applicable law. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by incumbents assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the functions, responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position, and Multus Biotechnology Limited retains the discretion to modify.