Cervest is building the world’s first open access AI-powered Climate Intelligence platform.
We’re a certified B-Corp with a vision to democratize access to Climate Intelligence driving a shared responsibility to protect the world’s critical assets — including our greatest shared asset, the planet.
It’s an exciting time to join us. We’ve just raised $30m in Series A investment. Our inaugural product, EarthScan™, will launch in 2021. EarthScan™ enables organizations to de-risk business decisions, meet financial disclosure guidelines, improve resilience, and uncover new opportunities to accelerate low-carbon growth.
We’re backed by leading venture capital firms, including Draper Esprit, Future Positive, Lowercarbon Capital, and Astanor Ventures. We are now building up our team in all areas: sales, marketing, science, engineering, and people operations.
As a company, we are a pro-diversity, highly inclusive organization, committed to bringing together people of all backgrounds and enabling them to succeed. We know that a richly diverse team will help us achieve our mission sooner.
At Cervest, we are interrogating and harmonising multiple heterogeneous sources of data, to enable the accurate quantification of long-term climate risk for the Earth and its people. Our mission is to democratise access to this information so that climate risk becomes better integrated into decision-making. Our multi-disciplinary team of scientists is combining state-of-the-art Earth scientific models, machine learning and data engineering to build our Earth Science AI, which is at the core of our climate intelligence platform.
We are looking for a Computer Vision Scientist who sees an immense potential of using computer vision and remote sensing data for downstream earth science applications, yet has the ability to critique deep learning methods, anticipate pitfalls, and engineer robust solutions. Our need to leverage remote sensing data translates into computer vision tasks of classification, instance segmentation, semantic segmentation, and changepoint detection.
As a Computer Vision Scientist at Cervest you will:
- Play a key role in research and development of computer vision for remote sensing data.
- Write clean, easy-to-understand code, and contribute to the team’s software and engineer knowledge
- Read scientific papers to understand the current state of the art for relevant modeling tasks, and attempt to replicate those results when appropriate
- Communicate complex scientific concepts simply but non-reductively to other teams
- Ph.D and publications or equivalent experience in machine learning, AI, computer science, statistics, applied mathematics, data science, or related technical fields.
- Strong knowledge of at least one deep learning framework (pytorch, tensorflow, Flux, …)
- Clearly articulated examples of computer vision experience applied to remote sensing imagery.
- Solid software engineering skills, ideally in python.
- Pragmatic approach to problem solving.
Bonus points for…
- Experience driving original scholarship individually and in collaboration with a team
- 2+ years of experience
- Experience working with geospatial data, ideally climate or weather data.
Opportunities to learn, grow and thrive with support from talented and empathetic team mates
We are a remote first company and looking for candidates who would be able to come to our office in London (once travel is sensible) a few times a year using more sustainable transport methods (we’ll help with that) so generally within one time zone of the UK.
Fuller list of benefits on our main career page – we’re an early stage startup and currently reviewing our benefits in light of becoming a remote-first company. We are committed to ensuring that we support our team in developing in line with their aspirations and talents as well as continuing to develop our culture in line with our values.