The OVO Group’s purpose is to drive progress towards net zero carbon living. To reach Plan Zero, we need everyone to come together – not just as customers buying energy, but as members with a common goal. As part of this ambitious plan, our goal is to become the ‘Leading Employer in the UK’ by 2030. If you think you could be the talent we’re looking for, then come and join the adventure!
We launched in 2009 with a mission to change energy for the better. Since then, we’ve welcomed over a million members, planted a million trees, and set our sights on helping save the planet.
As a Group, we’re working to become a net zero carbon business by 2030, while helping our OVO Energy members halve their carbon footprints at the same time.
Green energy and technology are great tools to fight the climate crisis with. But it’s people power that will rewrite history.
So we’re building a zero carbon team inside and out. Of people who share our values, feel inspired by our mission, and want to make change happen. When you work for OVO, it’s not just a job. It’s the work of a lifetime. And we want the sharpest minds to help.
Up for the challenge?
Where in the world of OVO will I be working?
You will be working within our enterprise technology team. Our enterprise technology team provides end user capabilities (laptops, productivity tools and much more) and infrastructure (on-premise, networks, databases, telephony) that enable all of OVO group companies to deliver on their mission.
Senior Programme Managers at OVO work in and for every part of our dynamic and fast-growing business. The lifecycle of a project at OVO demands a truly agile mindset as well as the tools and experience to match. Senior Programme Managers who succeed at OVO are fast learners, build great relationships right from the off, understand when to dive into the detail and when to rely on expert team-mates. On top of that, they lead the practice of programme management by example; demonstrating their experience and skills to the rest of the team.
What will I be doing?
- Overarching programme management to support the technical and commercial strategy and delivery of technical and network services for OVO Group. This includes the design and delivery of a new Contract Centre as a Service to OVO and its outsourced partners, management and extraction of value from a significant legacy telephony and networks contract, and working to scope and deliver a fit-for-purpose group network strategy.
Key responsibilities include:
- End to end project management in a highly Agile environment
- Excellent senior stakeholder management particularly at C-level
- To bring highly creative and new ideas forward
- Project kick-offs including success criteria definition
- In-life reporting and forecasting on project timings, cost, and scope
- Budget management in excess of £1m
- Risk and issue management
- Creation and management of high performing delivery teams
- Benefits tracking and realisation
- Multiple supplier management and contract negotiation
- Business readiness and transition to a stable BAU environment
- Interim telephony solution:
- Network separation
- Number Porting, ID&V, IVR and Payment solution
- Legacy Master Service Agreement (MSA) Relationship Management and Oversight:
- Extract value from ongoing services and charges
- Governance and reviews including establishing ongoing Exec level engagement
- CCaaS (Contact Centre as a Service):
- Contract and Statement of Work management
- Management and support of a cross-functional programme team (product management, technology infrastructure, customer operations, outsourced providers and business support functions – procurement, finance, training etc)
- Coordination of project and planning requirements
- Management of scope of the contract and change control
- Ensuring the programme remains in line with the business environment and needs
- Coordination of OVO team as needed to ensure delivery of the programme including:
- Facilitate internal meetings to support strategy and resolution of issues and risks
- A route for escalation (relating to project decisions, risks, issues, changes)
- Contractual/ operational relationship with suppliers
- Governance and reporting: SteerCo meetings, weekly team meetings and report, RAID meetings
- Work with Exec Sponsor on stakeholder engagement, priorities, relationships
- Current provision assessment
- Market review, site strategy & OSP strategy
- Replacement network specification and approach
Is this the job for me?
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- 5+ years experience of successfully managing multiple complex projects that include technical and business process change. Network, Telephony and Contact Centre experience (desirable)
- Excellent interpersonal skills, in both verbal and written communications
- Significant experience of leadership across functional teams (such as multiple product teams)
- The ability to manage multiple complex projects end to end, selecting the most appropriate project management tools
- Experience in influencing key project decisions with sponsors and stakeholders
- The ability to simplify complexity / readily identify opportunities and translate this into strategic decisions and recommendations
- Experience in creating co-located and remote high performing delivery teams
- Strong facilitation and conflict resolution skills, specifically enabling stakeholders to align quickly around project objectives
- A desire to champion and demonstrate continuous improvement through the project lifecycle
- Experience of and aptitude for working within a dynamic and rapidly changing environment
- The Ability to time-manage and prioritise workload
- Willingness to go that extra mile for your customer
- A wealth of knowledge, experience and ideas to contribute to the continuous improvement of our Project Management services
- Experience in mentoring and coaching to develop colleagues
- Expert knowledge in Agile theory, principles and techniques, and experience with applying Agile to a variety of projects
Want to check out more?
Working in Tech at OVO Energy
Check out our Tech Stack
Watch our video about joining OVO Tech Team
See how we work on our blog and our Tech Blog
OVO tech github: https://github.com/ovotech
From us you’ll get*
- An annual discretionary bonus
- 4% of your salary to spend on flexible lifestyle benefits
- 5% matched employer contribution to your pension
- 25 days holiday + 1 for your birthday
- And many more…
(*) Please note that certain benefits kick-in once you have passed probation which can be up to 6 months after your start date.
We want the best people
At OVO, we empower our people to have choice around where and when they work – flexible working arrangements can be discussed for all of our roles. Please speak to the Talent Acquisition team for more info.
We’re keen to meet people with varied backgrounds – our view is the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We want to build teams which represent a variety of experiences, perspectives and skills, and we recognise talent on the basis of merit and potential.
We understand some people may not apply for jobs unless they tick every box. If you’re excited about joining us and think you have much of what we’re looking for, even if you’re not 100% sure… we’d love to hear from you.