We are searching for an experienced Content Creator (Communications) at our Glasgow office.
Do you want to work to make Power for Good?
We’re the world’s largest independent renewable energy company. We’re driven by a simple yet powerful vision: to create a future where everyone has access to affordable, zero carbon energy.
We know that achieving our ambitions would be impossible without our people. Because we’re tackling some of the world’s toughest problems, we need the very best people to help us. They’re our most important asset so that’s why we continually invest in them.
RES is a family with a diverse workforce, and we are dedicated to the personal professional growth of our people, no matter what stage of their career they’re at. We can promise you rewarding work which makes a real impact, the chance to learn from inspiring colleagues from across a growing, global network and opportunities to grow personally and professionally.
Our competitive package offers rewards and benefits including pension schemes, flexible working, and top-down emphasis on better work-life balance. We also offer private healthcare, discounted green travel, 25 days holiday with options to buy/sell days, enhanced family leave and four volunteering days per year so you can make an impact somewhere else.
Job Purpose/Summary Details
Imagine a future where everyone has access affordable to zero carbon energy. We’re looking for an experienced and creative writer, with solid print and digital experience, to produce lively and engaging content that helps us to shape this future.
RES is a power for good and you’ll understand the power of a great story. Working as part of the UK&I Communications team and reporting to the Communications and Community Relations Manager, you’ll be keen to put your storytelling skills to good use and have a passion for finding ways through your writing for us to engage our audiences.
You’ll understand the need to flex your approach when creating content for different audiences and communication mediums. You will also play an important part in developing campaign ideas both internally and externally.
- Working with the UK&I communication and marketing managers you’ll help plan and deliver a rolling calendar of content designed to promote the RES brand, activities and business objectives.
- Responsibility for writing, editing and proofing on brand copy reflecting the RES tone of voice across a variety of internal and external focused content such as: press releases, case studies, features and articles, blogs, newsletters, marketing collateral, web and social media.
- Crafting and delivering key messages for clients, the media, our employees and wider stakeholders on a proactive and reactive basis.
- Part of the editorial team responsible for delivering our bi-monthly client newsletter – pitching ideas, planning editorial content, editing contributions and writing original copy in a range of styles including interviews and features.
- Work with subject matter experts from across the business to search out stories and content; often take technical information and turning this into compelling content that engages our audiences.
- Track the impact of our key messages and content with audiences, key client message analysis, spotting trends and helping the UK&I Communications team respond appropriately.
- An understanding of how to write for different audiences across web, email, social media and other formats.
- Digital communications tools and social media for the purposes of integrated communication campaigns.
- Understanding of what is required to build and sell a story to an audience.
- Knowledge of the energy industry, in particular renewables, is desirable.
- Must be highly proficient in both written and spoken English.
- Highly accomplished copywriter with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills with a thorough knowledge of good grammar and experience of following a style guide.
- Ability to adapt writing style for different audiences and mediums.
- Great interpersonal skills and the ability to work with stakeholders at all levels.
- Proactive with a willingness to pitch content ideas.
- Communications and marketing experience, in-house or agency.
- Demonstrable track record of copywriting with a focus on presenting complex information in clear and creative ways.
- Creating clear, concise and compelling, messaging and communications for a wide range of audiences and channels.
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent) or relevant experience/ demonstrable portfolio of work.
Please note all applications must include a CV and a cover letter (no more than two pages) telling us how you meet the role criteria.
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.