Hi, we’re Bulb. Nice to meet you.
We’re working remotely to protect our team during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. So if you’re looking for a new role and you’re happy to take part in a remote interview for a London-based position, read on…
Bulb is the UK’s biggest green energy supplier, providing affordable, renewable energy to homes and businesses across the UK. Our mission is to help people lower their energy bills and reduce their carbon impact at the same time. Founded in 2015, we were named the UK’s fastest growing private company in 2018 and 2019 (and we’re still limbering up). Naturally, we’re an accredited Living Wage Employer; we’ve been picked as one of LinkedIn’s top 25 UK tech startups to work for; and we’re a certified B Corp, too. That means we believe in using business as a force for good. But here’s the thing – the energy industry is complicated. There’s a lot that goes on behind the scenes.
So we’re looking for an experienced Content Designer to explain the way things work to our busy team of Energy Specialists.
In this role you will:
* Create and iterate content to explain everything from industry processes to internal policies to our dedicated team of Energy Specialists
* Collaborate with a content coordinator, Energy Specialists and product managers to ensure our content is always accurate and up-to-date
* Work with user researchers and our Energy Specialist panel to understand user needs, develop the structure of our internal knowledgebase, and iterate and improve our content
* Help build new processes to make sure we’re always working effectively as the business grows and product teams develop
We want to hire people with the experience necessary to get going quickly at Bulb. But we’re also interested in people who want to learn new things and feel comfortable working in a changing environment.
Our ideal candidate will have proven experience:
* As a technical writer or content designer for multiple projects
* With information architecture and content management systems
* Working with subject matter experts to understand topics in detail
* Writing clearly and concisely for readers who are busy or distracted
* Taking complex technical process and explaining them simply and clearly
* Working in a multidisciplinary team
* Making evidence-based decisions
* Communicating clearly and regularly with stakeholders
Bulb cares deeply about helping the technology industry become a more inclusive and diverse place and we work hard to lead by example.
Be part of a growing technology startup and help shape the future of energy
Collaborative, flexible, and friendly environment
Competitive salary, discretionary share options and bonus
33 days holiday a year (including bank holidays) and the option to buy up to 5 more
12 weeks of full pay for maternity, paternity or adoption leave
Healthcare with Vitality after passing probation, life insurance, and a pension plan with employer contributions
Cycle to work scheme
One month sabbatical leave after your first year