We’re looking for a brilliantly odd individual with a resourceful attitude to join our growing Marketing team to deliver remarkable storytelling through social and editorial content to communicate the Oddbox mission and enhance the customer experience.
You’ll be comfortable taking on the unknown and challenging current processes,
insights and opinions where you see the opportunity to do something better. You’ll
look for opportunities to maximise what we’ve already got and also be driven to build a
brand that delivers real change in customer behaviour and belief.
This is an important position within the business where you will play a key role in
communicating Oddbox’s mission to fight food waste to save the planet. What’s more,
there is plenty of scope to develop and grow in your role and take on more
responsibility, meaning this is the perfect position in which to develop a career that
lasts into the future.
- Devise a strategy to engage our community in the Oddbox Brand Story, identifying innovative ways to use content to build awareness and engagement
- Communicate the stories that bring to life Oddbox’s brand promise; Eat Good (recipes & food waste fighting tips); Do Good (grower stories, impact insights and the weekly rescue mission); Stay Odd (how Oddbox embraces business unusual).
- Implement a comprehensive content calendar for owned touchpoints to drive engagement and awareness: from our much loved ‘box letter’ and inserts to social and digital content.
- Ensure Oddbox’s Tone of Voice is consistent across all touchpoints and guides the customer experience
- You’ll use customer research and data to build out a content strategy that delivers on business KPIs.
- You’ll work cross-functionally to uncover the best stories at Oddbox. Managing the brand marketing exec and collaborating with the creative team to implement the strategy
- Originate and oversee creative briefs to produce a stream of powerful story-led content: both visual and written.
What we’re looking for:
- Experience devising and implementing a content strategy across owned channels
- Experience managing organic social media channels
- Management and hiring experience
- Foundational understanding of SEO and experience writing optimised content
- Strong understanding of social media management
- Excellent writing and communication skills and a meticulous eye for detail
Nice to Have:
- Previous experience working in the food and drink, retail industry and/or sustainability sector
- Working with a D2C brand or scale up environment
- Great interpersonal skills. A natural at building connections with a wider variety of people
- A passion for food and cooking
- Start date – ASAP
- Duration of role – permanent / full-time
- Location – We’re currently all working from home a bit more than usual but in the future you’ll also be able to spend time in our office in Vauxhall, Distribution Centre in South West London and visiting other trading partners where necessary.