At Too Good To Go, we have an ambitious goal: to inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste.
Why do we need to do that? Because 1/3 of the food produced in the world is wasted. And that has a huge impact on the health of our planet, 8% of greenhouse gas emissions come from food waste!
As the world’s largest food waste-fighting app, we connect stores that have unsold, surplus food with consumers who buy and enjoy it. But we’re more than an app: we are a certified B Corporation and our mission is to inspire and empower everyone to take action against food waste, so we’re doing all we can to create educational tools, make our knowledge as accessible as possible, find new business solutions and even change legislation to reduce food waste.
We’re growing fast, with our community of 35 million users in 15 countries saving more than 68 million meals from going to waste – that’s more than 170,000 tonnes of CO2e saved! But there’s still a lot more we want to achieve.
That means we’re looking for talented people with diverse skills and backgrounds to add to our rapidly growing team. That is where you come in: we’re looking for an exceptional Content Specialist to join us in our London office.
You will unleash your creativity, design and video skills on creating content that engages, educates, and motivates people to get involved in the food waste movement. You will also represent the Too Good To Go brand on multiple social media platforms, interacting with our audience, and identifying trends and topics relevant to our mission and app.
This role will have two core focuses: content creation and social media engagement. You will support the Content Manager on strategy, create and iterate visual content as well as small copywriting tasks at pace, while also owning and cultivating a healthy content stream on TikTok. You will also manage the public-facing interactions with our audience on social media. While keeping abreast of trends and topics on multiple Social Media platforms, you’ll react on behalf of Too Good To Go to consumer comments and questions, and escalate where necessary to our PR team.
Reporting to the Content Manager, you will join a growing and passionate Marketing team, working across B2C and B2B Marketing, PR and Creative.
- Create visual and video content at pace – including image searching and making use of existing templates and iterative processes
- Monitor Social Media platforms and respond to questions and comments from our audience, escalating to our Public Relations team where necessary
- Identify trends and topics on Social Media that could be opportunities to raise awareness of our movement and our brand
- Lead the content planning and video creation for TikTok, eventually taking full ownership of the TikTok strategy
- Support the Content Manager on the content strategy
- Support the Content Manager on reporting on and analysing the reach and impact of our Social Media content
- Completing miscellaneous and ad hoc copywriting tasks
- 1+ years of experience in a Marketing team
- Skills and experience in using Adobe Suite and InDesign
- A deep and authentic understanding of Instagram and TikTok, and what makes content succeed in those platforms’ audiences
- Solid understanding of other Social Media platforms
- Experience creating videos on TikTok – doesn‘t have to be professional! We’re just as interested in the content you’ve created for personal projects or just for fun
- Solid copywriting skills – with excellent spelling and grammar
- An eye for aesthetics and detail
- Ability to use wit and humour in content
- Real curiosity and willingness to learn
- A self-starter who get things done
- A real team player with a positive attitude
- We fight together: food waste is a big beast to fight. We can do it if we fight together as Waste Warriors with no ego. We believe in a #oneteam.
- We raise the bar: we always push for more. We work smart, smash barriers and elevate one another.
- We keep it simple: our ambitions are bold but our solutions are simple.
- We build a legacy: we’re proud of the change we’re driving.
- We care: we always look out for each other. Caring is also about the way we do business. We do the right thing.
What we offer:
- A rare opportunity to work in a social impact company (and certified B Corporation!) where you get to wake up every day knowing you’re achieving positive change.
- The experience of being part of an international company with over 950 enthusiastic and highly talented teammates across numerous countries – always ready to share knowledge and support!
- Strong personal as well as professional development in an intense and high-growth scale-up environment.
- An open company culture where you have the independence and room to unleash your creativity.
- A strong team culture where successes are celebrated together.
- A competitive salary
- 25 days of annual leave, in addition to UK Bank Holidays
- Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve off as well
- Private business health insurance, with numerous perks and well-being benefits
- A vibrant office in the heart of Shoreditch
How to apply
- We take recruitment very seriously, so please carefully read everything we have written above. Please also check our website and international media in order to get a good overview of Too Good To Go.
- Submit your CV and Cover letter in English.
- Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No CV or Cover Letter will be accepted by email or Linkedin direct messaging.