Cervest is building the world’s first open access AI-powered Climate Intelligence platform. We’re a certified B-Corp with a vision to democratize access to Climate Intelligence driving a shared responsibility to protect the world’s critical assets — including our greatest shared asset, the planet.
It’s an exciting time to join us. We’ve just raised $30m in Series A investment. Our inaugural product, EarthScan™, will launch in 2021. EarthScan™ enables organizations to de-risk business decisions, meet financial disclosure guidelines, improve resilience, and uncover new opportunities to accelerate low-carbon growth.
We’re backed by leading venture capital firms, including Draper Esprit, Future Positive, Lowercarbon Capital, and Astanor Ventures. We are now building up our team in all areas: sales, marketing, science, engineering, and people operations.
As a company, we are a pro-diversity, highly inclusive organization, committed to bringing together people of all backgrounds and enabling them to succeed. We know that a richly diverse team will help us achieve our mission sooner.
About the role
As we expand rapidly we’re in need of our first ever talented Content Writer to help us shape how we tell the world about Cervest, Climate Intelligence and our EarthScan product. You’ll help us expand our digital footprint by creating compelling blog posts, articles, FAQs, white papers, and educational content to appear in-product and across the web. This is a unique opportunity to write content to support both marketing activities and in-product education.
The ideal candidate should have a proven track record of producing a volume of pieces that educate, increase engagement and drive leads. This position requires a high level of creativity, as well as the ability to use data-driven insights to write better material. The successful candidate should also be detail-focused and committed to meeting tight deadlines. Preference will be given to those with a strong writing portfolio, bachelor’s degree and relevant work experience in science or data- based B2B tech
As a Content Writer at Cervest, you will be
- Writing content for blog posts, articles, white papers, FAQs and in-product educational content
- Researching industry related topics, continually finding interesting and relevant angles to share with our audience
- Generating new content ideas from within and outside the company, getting buy-in from relevant stakeholders and producing the content with the support of relevant collaborators
- Editing and proofreading content before publication
- Contributing to the creation, maintenance and delivery of a cross-functional content calendar
- Working across the marketing team and cross functionally with product, sales, science, data engineering and customer success
- Minimum of 3 years work experience as a journalist or content writer, or equivalent, in a high volume & fast paced environment
- Ability to translate complex science and technology concepts into engaging, audience-friendly content
- Proven ability to ideate new content ideas and to collaborate with others to turn their ideas into compelling content
- Diverse writing experience covering blogs, articles, features, FAQS, white papers, and social media copy, with a portfolio of examples
- An audience-orientated mindset that translates into every content piece
- The ability to find interesting content ideas in any topic
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English
- The ability to consistently meet tight deadlines & handle multiple projects concurrently
- B2B audience writing experience
- Knowledge of SEO/SEM best practices
- Experience delivering to a content calendar schedule
- Demonstrable passion for climate and sustainability
- A degree or background in earth science, or related scientific field
Bonus points for
- Experience creating multimedia content, including video or podcasts
- Experience working in a startup environment
- Experience managing an end-to-end content calendar
- Competitive salary
- + 30 days holiday
- Remote first company culture
- Flexibility in working times with a focus on getting the job done rather than if you’re sat at your desk
- £1000 each year to spend on your development
- Extensive home office budget
- Paid sick leave for physical and mental health
- Access to Spill, for video or text-based counselling and holistic mental health support
- Opportunities to learn, grow and thrive with support from talented and empathetic team mates
- We are committed to ensuring that we support our team in developing in line with their aspirations and talents as well as continuing to develop our culture in line with our values