To apply for this job please visit res-group.csod.com.
Do you want to work to make Power for Good?
We’re the world’s largest independent renewable energy company. We’re driven by a simple yet powerful vision: to create a future where everyone has access to affordable, zero carbon energy.
We know that achieving our ambitions would be impossible without our people. Because we’re tackling some of the world’s toughest problems, we need the very best people to help us. They’re our most important asset so that’s why we continually invest in them.
RES is a family with a diverse workforce, and we are dedicated to the personal professional growth of our people, no matter what stage of their career they’re at. We can promise you rewarding work which makes a real impact, the chance to learn from inspiring colleagues from across a growing, global network and opportunities to grow personally and professionally.
Our competitive package offers rewards and benefits including pension schemes, flexible working, and top-down emphasis on better work-life balance. We also offer private healthcare, discounted green travel, 25 days holiday with options to buy/sell five days per annum, enhanced family leave and four volunteering days per year so you can make an impact somewhere else.
The Contracts Manager will be a full time member of UK&I Business Development team and will work with each of the business leads on the securing of new sales opportunities within the UK &I across all of our important technologies (wind, solar and battery storage): Development Services, Construction services, Asset Management, O&M and other specialist services.
Whilst the role will cover all services delivered by RES, there will be an emphasis on securing Asset Management / O&M opportunities.
The primary responsibility of the role will be that of discussing, drafting, reviewing and negotiating the terms of business contracts.
You will work as part of the UK&I Business Development team, and alongside the wider project delivery teams, including asset management and operation & maintenance technical leads;
- Communication and negotiation with external clients
- Collaborate with other groups within RES including legal, finance and insurance teams.
As a Contracts Manager you will:
- Support the Business Development Managers in negotiating beneficial contractual terms for the RES Support Services business
- Main contracts to be entered into will be those covering Asset Management and O&M services that RES supply in UK wind, solar and storage
- Understanding of current market dynamics and positions on technical and commercial clauses
- Regular benchmarking of RES contract positions against the market
- Communicate with other RES counties to ensure standardisation, particularly for Key Clients
- Provide master/framework contracts for portfolio level work
- Represent the BD team with regards to contractual positions at internal approval calls
- Collaborate with RES Contract Performance Managers
- Help prepare the cost calculation including developing an appropriate pricing strategy
- Gain the relevant business approval before preparing and submitting bids
- Participate in contract negotiations within the agreed business approval levels
- Correctly record and track opportunities, customer interactions and project data within the CRM system
- Support procurement activities for downstream contracts by providing detailed specification and pricing structure and working with the procurement team
- Evaluate technical capabilities and H&S record of relevant contractors
- Identify partnering and acquisition opportunities
- Help to develop a culture of continuous improvement through the analysis of customer and internal feedback and drawing conclusions for the business development strategy
Alongside the key accountabilities, the role will also require:
- Travel within UK and Europe
- Attendance at key and relevant conferences including presenting at public events to enhance RES’s visibility in the market
- Knowledge of key contractual terms in relation to renewables O&M and Asset Management contracts, such as performance warranties, limits of liabilities, etc.
- Significant knowledge of the UK wind, solar and/or storage sectors, ideally having a strong contacts base across the industry;
- Understanding of the sales and tendering process typically used for selling services in a B2B environment;
- Strong commercial and analytical skills;
- Excellent language skills, particularly relating to legal and technical issues;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, particularly for leading/participating in virtual teams drawn from across RES to negotiate contracts;
- Good organisational skills to meet fast paced timescales on a number of potentially simultaneous contracts; and
- Strong ability to use Microsoft 365 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint) and CRM systems.
- Negotiating high-value commercial terms;
- Working across multiple complex transactions simultaneously;
- Working in the UK renewable energy industry.
- A degree in business, law, engineering, renewable energy, or equivalent is desirable, but a proven background in a comparable contracting role may be sufficient
- Hold a UK driving licence.
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.